Road rage

Longtravel

Can anyone who witnessed a rider having road rage against a woman driving on William Nicol this morning come forward with details of the rider. He did some serious damage to the car at the robot after loosing his temper. I think the rider was part of a cyclelab ride as the driver of the vehicle said there was a vehicle following the riders. This kind of behavior is a disgrace. Please guys can one of the other riders come forward and do the right thing. Thankyou.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn’t see the incident if I could find out how to upload photos I can show you the damage to the vehicle from kicking and bashing the side of the car - no excuse to behave like an animal. If you can’t behave yourself on the road then get a mountainbike - personally I would have maced they guy in the face and then laid a charge of assault with the police.

I didn’t see the incident if I could find out how to upload photos I can show you the damage to the vehicle from kicking and bashing the side of the car - no excuse to behave like an animal. If you can’t behave yourself on the road then get a mountainbike - personally I would have maced they guy in the face and then laid a charge of assault with the police.

The only assault in this scenario is the macing.

Punching a car is not assault, unless it was a Transformer then maybe you could make a case if the judge was Michael Bay.

I agree though, you should not be punching or kicking cars. We must also not endanger cyclists lives by driving dangerously.

Hit reply and then in the next window hit "more reply options" - at the bottom of the text window.

You'll find the option to add attachments on the next page.

Or perhaps if you using the mobi site just scroll down and select desktop site (to upload pics)

Can anyone who witnessed a rider having road rage against a woman driving on William Nicol this morning come forward with details of the rider. He did some serious damage to the car at the robot after loosing his temper. I think the rider was part of a cyclelab ride as the driver of the vehicle said there was a vehicle following the riders. This kind of behavior is a disgrace. Please guys can one of the other riders come forward and do the right thing. Thankyou.

Hmmmm.... methinks theres a lot more to this story than whats laid out here.

If a cager endangers my life by their own plain stupidity, Im not a friendly person by any stretch of the imagination. Just saying.

not great, malicious damage to property? Surely CL are aware of the incident if it was indeed a CL ride. The cyclist in question probably got spooked by the vehicle? but I personally cannot see justification in what was done though.

I see lots of cyclists above jumping to defend a fellow cyclist who did something WRONG, namely to damage someone elses vehicle. 

What he did was WRONG. It sure as hell was NOT self defense. No justification i.m.h.o. (just like there is NEVER justification for violence against women).

On the available information, I side with the car owner. Until the cyclist can convince me otherwise.

So it's tit for tat.

I get the impression some of you guys only cycle as a means to rage.

It's so reflective of our society.

I get it that we have lost way too many

Friends and family out there.

My best friend Nino Oppel was killed last year February.

It's a case of using your discretion and don't way in a pro or a con unless you were there yourself.

What would your comment be if wifey came home abused.

I know ,you would want to hunt the perp

Down and kick him with your cycling legs.

Go boxing boys,you at least get to receive the same kind of beat down you condone.

Happy riding or in you guys cases who ride around looking for a brawl, not so happy riding.

Mwa

My guess is........

Big group of cyclists, definitely not single file, along comes a motorist and the two abreast become three abreast maybe, driver of car decides to do a “close fly by” to send a message to cyclists.

Both selfish, both inconsiderate.

Edited by WrightJnr