Nic Dlamini's arm broken by Table Mountain rangers

Velouria

This thread is becoming quite tedious.  

The rangers i encounter are all very friendly and accommodating. As perhaps i speak to them with respect and courtesy. 

One ******** screwed up and he should get punished by whatever the law recommends.  That is the end of it.  Why is everyone and their dog getting involved in what is really a  one off incident.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rangers i encounter are all very friendly and accommodating. As perhaps i speak to them with respect and courtesy. 

One ******** screwed up and he should get punished by whatever the law recommends.  That is the end of it.  Why is everyone and their dog getting involved in what is really a  one off incident.

Not sure how you can describe something as tedious when you don't seem to have read it.

There's enough documented evidence gathered now to show it is not isolated, your anecdotal experiences excluded. Hence why it's not going away.  

Not sure how you can describe something as tedious when you don't seem to have read it.

There's enough documented evidence gathered now to show it is not isolated, your anecdotal experiences excluded. Hence why it's not going away.  

Ive read it and its pages and pages of waffle. And my ancedotal evidence is based on numerous (ie 3 times a week) for last 12 years of riding the mountain.  I have yet to meet a ranger with attitude.  So thats why i describe this thread as being tedious.    Futhermore how many other people have been physically assualted by TM rangers ???   

Ive read it and its pages and pages of waffle. And my ancedotal evidence is based on numerous (ie 3 times a week) for last 12 years of riding the mountain.  I have yet to meet a ranger with attitude.  So thats why i describe this thread as being tedious.    Futhermore how many other people have been physically assualted by TM rangers ???   

​That's yours, there is a number of incidents documented and your singular experience no matter how regular, is not an accurate description of a de facto "once off". 

​There is a lot of noise yes, but if one doesn't find it too tedious, or isn't too lazy. All the pertinent info information is there amongst the waffle.

Parkscape, MCSA etc...

​Otherwise move on.

From other comments I have read, it was not just ONE there has been many occasions. And I know off a few encounters where it was not reported on how the people using the mountain was treated

If you watched the CB story, there was another person knocked off his bike while riding and ONLY then did they ask for his permit that he HAD.

The numbers of assualted people have reached double diggits

I don't really want to be in a back and forth bnarny with you as I'm sure we'd have common views on a lot of this. I too have been on the mountain countless times, and have never experienced issues with rangers directly, but remember:

The plural of anecdote is not data.

this was widely reported directly after the incident, if you were unaware of it then you can't have followed this thread much, hence why I refuted your statement.

https://www.iol.co.za/weekend-argus/news/abuse-by-rangers-at-table-mountain-national-park-not-a-new-case-40032545

From other comments I have read, it was not just ONE there has been many occasions. And I know off a few encounters where it was not reported on how the people using the mountain was treated

Which is why Carte Blanche was not balanced and one sided. They only screened those that have had negative interactions with SANP, following other comments on social media there have been many that have good interaction. Why not also screen those. 

When you are lynching someone or something it has to be one sided I am afraid. 

This is the way.

I'm no fan of Sanparks but I find the swill that Carte Blanche pass off as investigative journalism truly disgusting. They'll happily destroy peoples lives for a 4 minute story.

Which is why Carte Blanche was not balanced and one sided. They only screened those that have had negative interactions with SANP, following other comments on social media there have been many that have good interaction. Why not also screen those. 

I dont dispute that, I dont know why they only screen some stuff

I commented on Stevief saying only ONE incident or only person stuffed it up.

I am only saying that he is wrong as there has been more than one incident.

Agreed!

This is the way.

I'm no fan of Sanparks but I find the swill that Carte Blanche pass off as investigative journalism truly disgusting. They'll happily destroy peoples lives for a 4 minute story.

BUT...... did CB not pertinently state that SANPARKS refused to comment on any of the questions posted to them. (or not responded at all, I seem to recall)

This is the way.

Who's life is being destroyed here? Well except for Nic?

I don't really want to be in a back and forth bnarny with you as I'm sure we'd have common views on a lot of this. I too have been on the mountain countless times, and have never experienced issues with rangers directly, but remember:

The plural of anecdote is not data.

this was widely reported directly after the incident, if you were unaware of it then you can't have followed this thread much, hence why I refuted your statement.

https://www.iol.co.za/weekend-argus/news/abuse-by-rangers-at-table-mountain-national-park-not-a-new-case-40032545

Holy hell...that is the best manner  I have ever heard that put! "The plural of anecdote is not data.". Brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...