Any Hot sauce lovers around?

Wayne Potgieter

I make anything, basically requires some inspiration and then I just do my own thing. Good to note as well, even when cooking, I make up my own thing, and never ever taste as I make especially sauces.  Somehow or the other, they always turn out great. Family and friends always say I need to start writing down recipes......

Recipes are good though for picking up tips.Big pot of Beef Stew on the cooker now.One of the tips I picked up is cooking with Balsamic Vinegar.Adds such flavour

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recipes are good though for picking up tips.Big pot of Beef Stew on the cooker now.One of the tips I picked up is cooking with Balsamic Vinegar.Adds such flavour

I use balsamic vinegar often. Sometimes I will look at a recipe and then make up my own.

I make anything, basically requires some inspiration and then I just do my own thing. Good to note as well, even when cooking, I make up my own thing, and never ever taste as I make especially sauces.  Somehow or the other, they always turn out great. Family and friends always say I need to start writing down recipes......

Start writing down  :) I once made a vegetarian curry that was so so  good,  it really was a kind of what's in the cupboard/fridge lets throw it in scenario  because I couldn't be bothered to go to the shops for other ingredients and unfortunately I have never been able to replicate it since as I can't remember what I put in.....

Culleys is a local Kiwi company, but they ship worldwide.

Going to ask a mate of mine in Tauranga to send me some.

If any of you kiwis coming London side I would appreciate a small bottle of this stuff, buy you a Tui or 2.

Does anybody have a recipe for green chilli sauce?

On the yank cooking shows, they make a dish then ladle green chilli sauce over it.

Looks absolutely superb.

Does anybody have a recipe for green chilli sauce?

On the yank cooking shows, they make a dish then ladle green chilli sauce over it.

Looks absolutely superb.

Probably a mix of Tomatillo and Jalapeno

Quite popular here . Sort of like a cool but spicy salsa

Try throwing in some anchovies next time you do a stew, you wont notice the fishy taste and they will have disintegrated by the time its done. Its a tip given to me by a really good chef and it makes a definite difference.

Try throwing in some anchovies next time you do a stew, you wont notice the fishy taste and they will have disintegrated by the time its done. Its a tip given to me by a really good chef and it makes a definite difference.

That umami vibe!

• 2 weeks later...

A friend from the states brought me some of this a while back. It is such a lekker sauce. HOT and fruity. Kind of a hotter version of their habba sauce.

I could not find it in stores here and they could not import it for me. So when I saw this at a shop here I bought myself enough for quite a while.

Try it if you find it somewhere it is much better than the regular one.

post-25481-0-73485700-1580031882_thumb.jpeg

post-25481-0-49416900-1580032118_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pieter1

• 3 months later...

Some new goodies arrived.

Oh yes!! That Death nut challenge is something I want to try.

Enjoy!

Edited by Pieter1

sort of related, got a 3kg bag of onions at the shops on a combo veggie special. and started wondering what to do with them.

my version of Judy's pickled onions is now ready. it's a good start. probably too mild.