154 members have voted

1. 1. How old is your MTB?

• Less than 6 months
    • 6 months to a year
    • 1-2 years
    • 3-4 years
    • 5-7 years
    • Older than 7 years

The recent thread about the latest Spez E-Bike got me wondering - how long and how often do most of us ride our MTB's before moving on to a newer model.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is 5 years old - and my car is 9 --- I would replace it if I could justify the outlay which feels almost impossible given that I can still bomb down the singletrack and trust the bike to do it's bit adequately. And to be perfectly frank the weakest link in the trail - bike - rider chain is me!

Mine is 5 years old, although had the frame replaced under warranty last year, so not sure whether that makes it one year old.

I sold my car a few years ago, so I can’t boast about the age of it.

Bought mine in 2005. Since then it has received 650b wheels, disc brakes, a new fork and it went from 8sp to 9sp.

That is like my grandfather's 60 year old pick-axe.

In all that time it has only had 3 new heads and 7 new handles...…..

That is like my grandfather's 60 year old pick-axe.

In all that time it has only had 3 new heads and 7 new handles...…..

????????????????

I have only been riding for a little over 6 months, changed bicycle 3 times, current bike is staying with me for a good long while though

#SteelbikesR4ever.

that being said. Had a cotic hooligan HT for about a year before transplanting most of the things to a new Soma steel frame. My previous bike was about 10y old....sold the parts...still have the frame for a future project. All the bikes before that i broke lol.

Edited by morneS555

I'd estimate my MTB, a Giant Boulder SE, to be around 20 years old.

Only thing ever to be changed on it was the tubes.

just typing that out now makes me realise I should at least try and source some 26" tyres and change them, they cant be in a very safe condition.

I bought the bike from the original Cycle Lab in Paulshof. Those that can remember that far back will realise how long ago that must have been.