Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you live close to the beach....does the radius extend and therefor include the ocean? :ph34r:

i know they are supposedly closed....but the rules say "beaches"...not "shoreline" fancy a dip?

"Walk, Run or cycle"

You can do any of those as long as it is within 5km, so go for it, but remember it doesn't say swim. At some stage you might need a snorkel or tank+regulator, as surely if you could do one of those three on top of the water we would have had a way different discussion.

From Friday, leaving the house will require a mask, the reason for leaving the house is irrelevant.

At least we don't need to be concerned about ill-guided snot rockets now. Unless you are the generator of said snot rocket....

If I see ONE Savage on Chappies. Or ONE tosser in JOC kit. ONE!! I'm calling the police.

You have been warned.

you forgot the comic sans

If I had one of those Scream masks...it would definitely be on on Friday morning...????

i don't have a cloth mask...but i do have one of these. will I be fine when stopped?

should be fine if a scarf is considered a mask? :lol:

I wonder how long it will be before people start applying those same nausea-inducing sock hashtags and jargon to masks.

"I see your #maskgame is on point! #Maskdoping"

what masks with beards? Monday I'm a Ginger, Tuesday I'm Grey, Wednesday I'm Blackbeard etc etc

and will the person who borrowed my Vader Helmet please return it. I need it for those road blocks.

"These are not the cyclists you seek..."

"go about your business"

Please direct me to the regulation. I might have missed it. Or if we're reading the same one, viz. 5 (1) - (2), it's certainly unclear.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how many people don't have face masks (or similar) whilst out exercising.

It has been published in the Gazette of 29 April 2020, Chapter 2 under the heading "General measures to contain the spread of COVID -19", point 5. I don't understand how you say it is unclear.

Surely Public spaces means no matter what you do..mask on.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5eaa97345a704/43258rg11098gon480.PDF

Edited by Gen

Bah. Enforced high-altitude training, here I come. 

All of the green belt trail from the top of Southern Cross (by the stairs) to Trail and Tar is within 5km of my place. Yayness!

Hmmm...it's already been mentioned out there that the greenbelt is a park, parks are closed...damned lies and vicious rumours I tell you! If this is the case they better have buses to cart the okes away cause that trail is gonna be like the M3 at 07h00 on a mid-week school morning!

Please direct me to the regulation. I might have missed it. Or if we're reading the same one, viz. 5 (1) - (2), it's certainly unclear.

Either way, it will be interesting to see how many people don't have face masks (or similar) whilst out exercising.

Clear enough for you?8230139da263d7c6ef99d004984dcae4.jpg