Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Guys are really searching hard for a 5km zone. Do you get homesick if you stray to far away? There isn't a restriction, let it be.

What I have learned about this virus, the subsequent rules and the way it's being managed, is that absolute statements most often come back to bite you in the knaates.

I think you are better off saying 'there MAY be a 5km rule, but it's pretty ambiguous in the new gazetted rules and open to interpretation' and then either stay withing said 5km or venture far and wide, knowing that there MAY still be an applicable punishment.

I'm definitely not going surfing on Monday. I will wait yo see what the reaction is from the local law enforcement. 

As much as I disagree with the petty rules and the sand in my weewa is now a pearl, I have a wife and child who need me and an afternoon in the chook just to bog some rail isn't worth it.

There is still a part of me that wants to openly rail against this utter nonsense, but another part of me says my family come first. I haven't quite broken yet.

One thing that completely riles me up is their continued utterance of 'scientific guidelines' influencing their decisions, yet churches. 

That decision makes all other decisions or justifications of what can and can't be made public 100% null and void. 

Just say 'we are keeping the beaches, parks and Mountain closed to mess with the privileged... Easy. At least it's honest

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot are worried about droplets... I still can't believe this happened... From top of suikerbossie towards Bakoven, just past the Llandudno turn off a non professional rider takes a piss while riding 45km/h with tons of people around!

Forget about the 5km rule. A guy pissed while riding along the seaboard!!!!

Came close to swearing at a group this morning.

They passed by me so close I could almost smell what brand of chamois cream they were using, group of about 8 guys. F-all social distancing.

Can’t wait for next week when I can break free of the suburbs.

Came close to swearing at a group this morning.

They passed by me so close I could almost smell what brand of chamois cream they were using, group of about 8 guys. F-all social distancing.

Can’t wait for next week when I can break free of the suburbs.

I’ve learnt to ignore the bunches as well as the rides that are way outside the radius. Same goes for the people stealing KOMs in a group. Just let them be, otherwise you’ll just end up being frustrated.

I’ve learnt to ignore the bunches as well as the rides that are way outside the radius. Same goes for the people stealing KOMs in a group. Just let them be, otherwise you’ll just end up being frustrated.

Not so easy to ignore when they’re in your space.

Fake sneeze and cough obnoxiously loud on them

Fake snot rocket with the right noises - the current IN weapon of mass consternation? :devil:   :ph34r:  

Guys are really searching hard for a 5km zone. Do you get homesick if you stray to far away? There isn't a restriction, let it be.

It just shows how beaten down and broken Joe Public has become.  So scared to upset the political overlords.  Looking for reasons not to go out .  Reminds me of animals that are to scared to be set free after being locked in a cage for a long time.

I guess then the govt has succeeded in becoming the authoritarian state it has always yearned to become.  Seriously people need to wake up and grow a pair and take our country back. 

The 'Stasi' must be wringing their hands in despair, so much less to moan and whinge about from tomorrow... Besides the ones still trying to find reasons to keep some of those old rules. Skud my kop

@'Dale carbo loading will commence this evening!

I've always thought of night riding as a bit lame tbh. I bought lights and did it a few times but I never enjoyed it.

Riding in the dark on the road tho is amazing. Getting an hour away from home to catch the sunrise is very special.

I've been pleasantly surprised at the couchies. Hopefully people carry on exercising when this all ends. More than happy to roll a little slower on chappies if people are out with their dogs and kids.

Sadly I think many parents return to work tomorrow and the opportunity they had to enjoy this may be lost but hopefully they'll at least still use weekend mornings!

Fake sneeze and cough obnoxiously loud on them

You could get a life sentence for that under these stupid laws where a natural bodily function can land you in hotter water than actually killing someone in cold blood especially if you wear a uniform