Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

As yet you can't do anything.

Guys, stop spreading fake news. I know you are all living in hope, so am I, but they have not announced the new activity regulations as yet so everything you say is just conjecture.

Stop, be patient and wait.

To those saying 'what is the difference'... well, they are expecting about 1.5 million people back at work, so thats a pretty sizeable difference.

Level 4 and 5 are still 'High alert' so don't expect too much in the way of social leniency. Our cases per day are spiking higher than they have done, so the virus, the peak and the spread are still out there.

Don't be blinded by the fact that you might be able to go outside. Safety and isolation to flatten the curve are still the most important things

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As yet you can't do anything.

Guys, stop spreading fake news. I know you are all living in hope, so am I, but they have not announced the new activity regulations as yet so everything you say is just conjecture.

Stop, be patient and wait.

To those saying 'what is the difference'... well, they are expecting about 1.5 million people back at work, so thats a pretty sizeable difference.

Level 4 and 5 are still 'High alert' so don't expect too much in the way of social leniency. Our cases per day are spiking higher than they have done, so the virus, the peak and the spread are still out there.

Don't be blinded by the fact that you might be able to go outside. Safety and isolation to flatten the curve are still the most important things

I am. Keeping my zwift, ill venture out for a real ride, if allowed, on a Saturday or Sunday, other than that's ill only go out for the dog and the shop.

Zwift can keep me fit, but a change if scenery would be nice, but as mentioned earlier, a mask will be the tricky bit.

So they day before they effectively need to be implemented. Thanks for the lead time government...

It says by Thursday not on Thursday..there is a lot to be finalised and these things do take time.

Remember the departments of education, both basic and of higher education still have to do their announcement and that must all also go into the Gazette.. patience dear Padawan

[emoji6]

Edited by Gen

It says by Thursday not on Thursday..there is a lot to be finalised and these things do take time.

I get that, but from a business perspective, if you are able too and what to start doing business again I am pretty most of the business will not be in compliance and becoming compliment will take time.

To be fair, even if it where already finalised it may not be enough time. I imagine there is some catch 22 there that some companies ability to become compliment will dependent on other companies being compliment so that they can get what they need to become compliment.

Swear everything is listening, 2 posts on here about sufficiently breathable and protective masks for Covid cycling and guess what my damned Instagram adverts are...

Swear everything is listening, 2 posts on here about sufficiently breathable and protective masks for Covid cycling and guess what my damned Instagram adverts are...

You know it is, Reme.... 

Every single app on your phone is collating every interaction you have with your keyboard and evey conversation you have is being recorded and analysed for potential direct marketing.

And then that data is sold to 3rd parties.  

You know it is, Reme....

Every single app on your phone is collating every interaction you have with your keyboard and evey conversation you have is being recorded and analysed for potential direct marketing.

And then that data is sold to 3rd parties.

Too bad the mask is not in SA, the R600 price tag does not help, but pretty useless if it will never arrive.

I get that, but from a business perspective, if you are able too and what to start doing business again I am pretty most of the business will not be in compliance and becoming compliment will take time.

To be fair, even if it where already finalised it may not be enough time. I imagine there is some catch 22 there that some companies ability to become compliment will dependent on other companies being compliment so that they can get what they need to become compliment.

Those who have already been mentioned now have some time to get everything in order it really just is a few aspects that need to be detailed.

Me, alone, in a Bush seems strict but yeah. I imagine it would be quite challenging wearing a mask while ridding as what was said on the radio is masks are required outside of your house.

Running or cycling will at the very least be complicated by a mask. I don't imagine finding a mask that is sufficiently protective and sufficiently breathable for a high paced activity.

You dont need a mask as protection when running alone. You can use a buff to please the Karens.

You dont need a mask as protection when running alone. You can use a buff to please the Karens.

That's not what was said and makes no sense, you may be running alone, but what about the other 10 people running alone and the people walking along or walking their dogs alone.

At some point in time in the same neighbourhood these peeps are going to intersect, if 1 of them is sick and asymptomatic depending on paths of cross intersection that 1 sick person could infect a dozen households because they were all alone and all did not need to wear masks as they were alone...

Leaving alone does not mean you will be the only one outside assuming we're allowed such freedoms.

Inside your house is basically the only place ur not required to wear one.