Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

51 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Its weird. I dunno what it is but I am not experiencing any of this aggression towards cyclists out on the trails. Must be a road thing...and I've not ridden road since March of this year.

you must ride trails without the presence of e-bikes then..

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

on Saturday I myself and a buddy were hooted at constantly(like the lady sat on her hooter for the entirety of the distance) as we were going down Spaanschemat, She literally stayed behind us from Tokai circle all the way to the entrance to the bike park, If my phone hadn't died I would've made a video, there were zero cars coming up from the other direction, in fact it was so bad the cars behind her were overtaking her that's how clear the road was, But get this, And this is a fact, she came next to us, took her hand off the hooter and asked why do we think we own the road that we can ride next to one another, when I pointed out that yes we were next to one another BUT we were both inside the bike lane, yes, both inside the bike lane very close to one another, She told me that still does not give us the right to ride side by side and I said ofcourse it does, perhaps she should stay 1.5m away if she wants to talk to us and take her eyes off the road, she then slowed down and continued to sit on her hooter, So myself and my buddy slowed down too to about 20km/h and so did she, could hear her car struggling in 2nd gear which was quite funny. she eventually sped off after we passed the bikepark entrance. Covid really is having an effect on people mentally it seems..

I think she's a serial offender because I endured a similar incident on Saturday afternoon on Spaanschemat also LOL. Just just gave the icecream middle finger and continued on my way in the bike lane.  White evoque?

The problem is there are some cyclists that do behave like idiots when on the road, giving everyone else a bad name.

Once a motorist had one bad experience with one group of cyclists they are anti-bike towards everyone for ever.

Bottom line, lets do our part not to antagonize these idiots that simply can not be objective.

Edited by TheoG

6 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

I think she's a serial offender because I endured a similar incident on Saturday afternoon on Spaanschemat also LOL. Just just gave the icecream middle finger and continued on my way in the bike lane.  White evoque?

I had a woman in a white evoque on Spaanschemat about 3 months ago go ballistic at me just as I swooped down the hill towards Peddlars. The bike lane there is often full of sand and I was outside the bike lane by about half a meter. I had seen her turn into the road just before the cemetery behind me and knew she was a good distance behind me - I was doing about 45kmph and headed into the cycle lane other side of the sand at the Peddlars entrance.

Also stood on the hooter, wound down her window and used language that would have made a sailor blush to express her opinion of me.

5 minutes ago, Mamil said:

I had a woman in a white evoque on Spaanschemat about 3 months ago go ballistic at me just as I swooped down the hill towards Peddlars. The bike lane there is often full of sand and I was outside the bike lane by about half a meter. I had seen her turn into the road just before the cemetery behind me and knew she was a good distance behind me - I was doing about 45kmph and headed into the cycle lane other side of the sand at the Peddlars entrance.

Also stood on the hooter, wound down her window and used language that would have made a sailor blush to express her opinion of me.

Sounds like the same one

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

living in the deep south the red mist against cyclists is bubbling up again.

must be an argus soon

Nobody is stuck behind cyclists, its all the people sitting in metal boxes going nowhere slowly.

20 minutes ago, TheoG said:

The problem is there is some cyclists that do behave like idiots when on the road, giving everyone else a bad name.

Once a motorist had one bad experience with one group of cyclists they are anti-bike towards everyone for ever.

Bottom line, lets do our part not to antagonize these idiots that simply can not be objective.

People are all idiots, all drivers are useless as I had 12 useless ones this morning.

A motorist is driving a 2000kg vehicle and should sort themselves out!

4 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

You're not sitting in traffic; you are the traffic. - Zen quote ????

Yet when you tap on their window and ask them to move over in the school traffic they get all upset?

2 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Yet when you tap on their window and ask them to move over in the school traffic they get all upset?

I've had a particularly nasty week with school traffic last week. Its like people stop being able to think when they are dropping the kiddies off.

4 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I've had a particularly nasty week with school traffic last week. Its like people stop being able to think when they are dropping the kiddies off.

Not even surprised to find stop signs, pillars, robots all knocked down on roads with schools. Just too many cars. Should ban cars from 1 to 2 roads around certain schools at certain times

Just now, Pure Savage said:

Not even surprised to find stop signs, pillars, robots all knocked down on roads with schools. Just too many cars. Should ban cars from 1 to 2 roads around certain schools at certain times

Schools should have a shuttle that runs around the neighbourhood shuttling kids to the gate. Having 3 or 4 little vans cruising around picking up kids in surrounding roads etc is WAY better than having 300 impatient parents trying to drop their kids off and get somewhere.

Also, parents. Yoh. I'm so glad I can be a patient parent most of the time. Constantly being annoyed that the kid you chose to have is 'wasting your time' seems to be a very common trait these days

4 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

different grades should different start times. But you'll still find parents creating traffic . Try Aliwal road outside The Wynberg Schools complex in the morning. &^$#

Just now, Jewbacca said:

Schools should have a shuttle that runs around the neighbourhood shuttling kids to the gate. Having 3 or 4 little vans cruising around picking up kids in surrounding roads etc is WAY better than having 300 impatient parents trying to drop their kids off and get somewhere.

Also, parents. Yoh. I'm so glad I can be a patient parent most of the time. Constantly being annoyed that the kid you chose to have is 'wasting your time' seems to be a very common trait these days

They should just walk or ride. My 4 year old riding 4km to school in the morning no problem. When it rains they put on rain jacket. They really enjoy it and is faster than the grid lock.