Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

7 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

Dwight needs a few days on SA roads to HTFU

Why?

He values human life, safety and expects those who drive 3 ton death machines to do the same.

Numbing ourselves to dangerous behaviour isn't 'better'. Dwight is awesome 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

My brothers frame after a recent coming together with a car .... in New Zealand

Besides a very eina knee and road rash he is thankfully OK, in fact coming to visit in November and we'll ride 94.7 together for fun!

IMG-20200301-WA0039.jpg

QR and rim brakes.... It was time for an upgrade anyway......

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Why?

He values human life, safety and expects those who drive 3 ton death machines to do the same.

levity - look it up

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Why?

calm down it was a little joke. I have spent a month driving in NZ and it was a fantastic experience.....because of guys like Dwight. We are desensitized to sh!t driving in SA - it's the standard rather than the exception, whereas in NZ it is the opposite

6 minutes ago, MTBeer said:

calm down it was a little joke. I have spent a month driving in NZ and it was a fantastic experience.....because of guys like Dwight. We are desensitized to sh!t driving in SA - it's the standard rather than the exception, whereas in NZ it is the opposite

I am very calm. I'm pretty much always calm. I also 'get' that it's a joke, but like a 'thows/hits/does x like a girl' joke.

Maybe I've just seen and been close to a bit too many fatal and entirely senseless motor destruction caused by said numbness and idiocy to make jokes about it. 

14 minutes ago, PygaSchmyga said:

levity - look it up

Abrasive and dismissive as usual 🥱

Hopefully a bit more time in the deep south will change that default reaction to be a bit less obnoxious 😉

Anyway, sorry for my wokeness. As you were.

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

I am very calm. I'm pretty much always calm. I also 'get' that it's a joke, but like a 'thows/hits/does x like a girl' joke.

Maybe I've just seen and been close to a bit too many fatal and entirely senseless motor destruction caused by said numbness and idiocy to make jokes about it. 

Hopefully a bit more time in the deep south will change that default reaction to be a bit less obnoxious 😉

OK

17 hours ago, PygaSchmyga said:

you forgot the constantia housewives in the merc 4 x 4 - dont even get me started on those special karens.  From time to time when i venture over the mountain (Deep South lingo for going outside of kommetjie, noordhoek or fish hoek) I encounter these entitled psychos and their white-knuckle driving fetching their lovely kids from bishops or Rhenish

Don't you just luv the drivers with "Baby/Princess/Little Angel on board" stickers inside their rear windows. Apart from the despised people transporters, these are the ones you have to be very careful of. Their favorite time of day to run their gauntlets is 6-8 am when said angels, princesses or babies have to be dropped at daycare before the possessed mommy hit the road to work. 

Their habitat is not limited to the northern side of the boerewors curtain, yet they are especially active in these area's during the above period. I used to commute the 3km between home and office for roughly 5 years during which time I saw enough to be unshaken on this opinion. Considering the low amount of accidents they cause, these young ladies must be very good drivers.

Stop or yield signs, speed limits, solid white lines don't exist. The move I most often observed was tailgating other cars at 4-way stops. They do not wait their turn, but shoot across - stuck to the number plate of the vehicle in front. 

Might as well be the baby on board behind the wheel 😈

26 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

😂

there is a direct correlation between okes who spend a lot of time on this site with the inability to take the lightest of rebukes.  Case in point right here.  No need to get all ad hominem now.  Eat a cookie, go for a ride before being triggered to hit reply

16 minutes ago, Mook said:

Don't you just luv the drivers with "Baby/Princess/Little Angel on board" stickers inside their rear windows. Apart from the despised people transporters, these are the ones you have to be very careful of. Their favorite time of day to run their gauntlets is 6-8 am when said angels, princesses or babies have to be dropped at daycare before the possessed mommy hit the road to work. 

Their habitat is not limited to the northern side of the boerewors curtain, yet they are especially active in these area's during the above period. I used to commute the 3km between home and office for roughly 5 years during which time I saw enough to be unshaken on this opinion. Considering the low amount of accidents they cause, these young ladies must be very good drivers.

Stop or yield signs, speed limits, solid white lines don't exist. The move I most often observed was tailgating other cars at 4-way stops. They do not wait their turn, but shoot across - stuck to the number plate of the vehicle in front. 

Might as well be the baby on board behind the wheel 😈

School drop offs are a display of the worst selfish driving behavior ever to exist anywhere.  

41 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

School drop offs are a display of the worst selfish driving behavior ever to exist anywhere.  

To add to that, in my experience its not only the 'young ladies' with princesses on board, its the late for work dad's and gotta get more fares transport guys that are just as bad!

46 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Agree with this 100%! Unfortunately trying to get those drivers to change their behaviour or simply adhere to the rules of the road, is pointless.

19 minutes ago, Wynando said:

Agree with this 100%! Unfortunately trying to get those drivers to change their behaviour or simply adhere to the rules of the road, is pointless.

And to add the late for Church goers on Sunday mornings. Just as bad.

19 hours ago, splat said:

Rhenish is in Stellies.
Do you mean St Cyps ?

Hey Splat ,

Easy on St Cyps .... my daughter works there . ( Comic sans engaged )

Years ago when my boys were still in primary school, the traffic bottleneck in the area was very problematic at dropping/fetching time. So, the school (Southern Suburbs and entitled) had some discussions with all involved about how to improve the flow. All the possible solutions would take time, widening the road, changing it to one way etc. One brave soul stood up and said they should make it mandatory for ALL the kids to come to school using the local taxis only ......because there would be an IMMEDIATE and MASSIVE improvement..............not everyone thought it was funny!

Edited by DJR

2 hours ago, Popit said:

Hey Splat ,

My daughter is at Rhenish 🤣

8 minutes ago, Popit said:

Hey Splat ,

st cyps is in town, he must have been thinking of sans souci or (more likely) herschel (took a lot of self control to spell that correctly.

Since we on the topic of southern suburbs schools, entitlement and douchebagger, might as well link this one.

https://www.2oceansvibe.com/2024/08/12/bishops-sacs-rugby-brawl-video/