Training after Coronavirus

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

The scary bit now is people deliberately saying "flu", when they know there is covid in the house .... then continue to take the kids to school, even going to the office ... as their sick leave and medical aid is depleted ....

@ChrisF Mate you have hit the nail on the head here. When I got ill i stayed home and told the kid we're on a Teen Titan Vibe. I understand medical aids are depleted, many cant miss work, and kidshave nowhere to be. But the health of others is always as important of our own...

6 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Went to collect some meds at Dischem this morning, seriously long queue... the pharmacist said despite what I thought it was more flu cases than Covid ... now whether all those 'flu' cases had been tested she didn't know ...

More than three people in the queue I'll wait outside...

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please please please I hear a lot of flu and colds going round.

DO NOT exercise when you have the flu or a cold as you can do yourself some serious harm if you do.

Just take it easy till it is completely over.

Your heart especially is at risk and you won't even know that you have damaged it.

Take this to heart.

• 2 weeks later...

First day back at work after positive test last Tuesday. Was going to try a gentle jog tomorrow but looks like rain the whole weekend so more rest on the cards!

• 1 year later...

On my birthday (71 ) 19th may i was going to do a 71km ride but only managed 30km as i felt ill . I was diagnosed with bladder infection and admitted to hospital for 5 days . Colleen came to visit a few times during my stay . I was discharged on the Friday and on arrival at home found Colleen to be ill (Covid positive ) . The next day i was Covid positive as well so we isolated ourselves for 2 weeks to get over the dreaded Lurgy . I felt the effects of this Covid and can now sympathize with others . I waited another week before attempting a ride . I went out yesterday afternoon to our local Mtb trail , riding there and doing only one short lap and back home gave me a comfortable 20 km . This morning i started my daily ride routine and did a flat 25 km easy ride ( 19kph ave ) . I will slowly build up to my daily 40km again . I have always believed that a ride shorter than 20km is not worth the effort so ill keep it at 25 km until im confident enough to push on a bit further .

I am sure I had covid when I came back from holiday, Doc said, she doesn't think its covid but if I wanted to test it was on my own cost, BTW, I got the same meds that I got when I had covid.

Currently down with what felt exactly like my Omicron infection from last year only worse with an even higher fever. Nasal swab says no COVID but positive for H1N1. GP says swine flu. 

I know its cos I took over a mates tbv entry. Soon as I clicked pay on my banking app the nasties started planning their vector. Happens every time I enter. By the time I recover I'll still have 50 days so I'll be alright.

2 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Currently down with what felt exactly like my Omicron infection from last year only worse with an even higher fever. Nasal swab says no COVID but positive for H1N1. GP says swine flu. 

I know its cos I took over a mates tbv entry. Soon as I clicked pay on my banking app the nasties started planning their vector. Happens every time I enter. By the time I recover I'll still have 50 days so I'll be alright.

Seems to be going around ... my daughter, granddaughter and mate all down with the piggy flu

11 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Seems to be going around ... my daughter, granddaughter and mate all down with the piggy flu

Ja he said he's seeing a lot of it .... And chided me for not having the flu shot. It's not lekker. Haven't had a fever like that since I was a kid.

21 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Ja he said he's seeing a lot of it .... And chided me for not having the flu shot. It's not lekker. Haven't had a fever like that since I was a kid.

I'm a big proponent of taking a flu shot.

We had our shots at end of March. My wife caught the flu before me, at the end of May, she had it fairly bad, significant hot and cold fever. I had it half a week later, was only off work for 1 day. Two kids had a mild flu somewhere in the same time frame.

So, never a guarantee to have a mild/no reaction when you already had the shot, but I do believe it dulled the hit we received in 3 out of 4 cases...

5 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I'm a big proponent of taking a flu shot.

We had our shots at end of March. My wife caught the flu before me, at the end of May, she had it fairly bad, significant hot and cold fever. I had it half a week later, was only off work for 1 day. Two kids had a mild flu somewhere in the same time frame.

So, never a guarantee to have a mild/no reaction when you already had the shot, but I do believe it dulled the hit we received in 3 out of 4 cases...

Ja that's I read the stats say and varies from year to hear in its efficacy so I understand. I'm definitely going to have it next year. I'm not lying when I say I was fever hallucinating rows of pink and purple bicycles riding past me.

15 minutes ago, Mamil said:

hallucinating rows of pink and purple bicycles riding past m

friggen pride month, even affecting your hallucinations now. :) 

edit to add some context.

I'm constant browsing job listings and have noticed that so many companies have changed their logos this month to include pride colours.

Edited by The Ouzo

also heard of a few people coming down with swine flu the last few weeks. Again thankful to live remotely and avoid people as much as possible still

1 hour ago, dave303e said:

also heard of a few people coming down with swine flu the last few weeks. Again thankful to live remotely and avoid people as much as possible still

DIAGNOSED ??????

(take ivermectin)

(What is called swine flu today is not the same as the swine flu of 2009. It is related.)

Edited by porqui

Lost a friend/acquaintance just over 2 weeks ago.

Got bronchitis and died of a heart attack. In his fifties.

Take it EASY when the lurgies pounce.