Tom Pidcock Breaks Collarbone In Training Crash

OVERDRIVE

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah he'll be in Tokyo. If a ballie like me can be on an indoor bike 4 days after surgery and ride the DC 7 weeks post op he can make Tokyo althought I would say its touch and go. Will his shoulder be strong enough to the handle the strain of manhandling the bike over an XCO course? He's young and fit so he should be able to recover in time

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Nah he'll be in Tokyo. If a ballie like me can be on an indoor bike 4 days after surgery and ride the DC 7 weeks post op he can make Tokyo although I would say its touch and go. Will his shoulder be strong enough to the handle the strain of manhandling the bike over an XCO course? He's young and fit so he should be able to recover in time

If not only Mathias Flückiger will be able to see MVdP...

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Rob Warner must be lying in the fetal position in his shower with all his clothes on and cold water running whilst crying uncontrollably with Pidcock being out of the running currently! 

Well I posted that on PB ... let's see the backlash!

6 hours ago, Hairy said:

Well I posted that on PB ... let's see the backlash!

Looks like Rob Warner is the only person that has downvoted the post

image.png.df7406898e0ed80daf2867bb269d1aa4.png

if it's just collarbone he could be back on the bike in no time, we've seen MotoGP riders racing two days after this op, these guys are no soccer players

28 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Whoa, the bike 

With that front wheel smashed like that, did he hit something?

10 minutes ago, shaper said:

With that front wheel smashed like that, did he hit something?

Its strange there isn't more detail around. Surely he would have a car following him? Or is he not that 'big' yet...

Also, its a TT bike, which might explain the extra speed needed to bomb the frame like that, although I hope he wasn't giving it the beans through town. Weird. Sucks.

Really sad to read, the guy is a machine and I was really looking forward to seeing him in the Olympics after watching him destroy the course and opposition in Nove Mesto. Hopefully 8 weeks is enough for him to recover ????

1 hour ago, Chris_ said:

Its strange there isn't more detail around. Surely he would have a car following him? Or is he not that 'big' yet...

Also, its a TT bike, which might explain the extra speed needed to bomb the frame like that, although I hope he wasn't giving it the beans through town. Weird. Sucks.

I think he lives in Andorra  now - so goes out for training rides solo. Much like Willie Wallie documents in his vlog.

2 hours ago, TNT1 said:

All those mtb and cyclocross bike handling skills.

... can't save you when sh!t hits the fan. Could have been anything that caused it. Dog in the road even...