Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, NeilA said:

Hi all.

Will be doing my first CTCT on Sunday. Staying close to the waterfront on the foreshore.

Is it safe to cycle in the area? I want to do a ride Saturday morning?

On Saturday morning, hundreds of cyclists ride from the Waterfront out to Llandudno and back. It's the best ride of the year. 

image.png.1f1c0247ec2a5fe86c4d2cd248b559ae.png

my super amateur thumbsuck.

this is expected conditions sat 8pm.

south atlantic high (red is in normal place)

purple high pressure cell moving east and yellow moving west, creates a transition zone between them round CTown.

BUT if either of these cells are smaller then we could still see a big south east, particularly round cape point area.

will reassess thursday

3 minutes ago, HdB said:

thanks, i should have been clearer - i was asking about the Sat prep ride!

2 hours ago, NeilA said:

Thank you - much appreciated.

Pleasure. Just go out anytime after sunrise, there will be loads of cyclist around, most doing a relaxed ride out to top of Suikerbossie / Llandudno and then back for a brekkie or a coffee stop somewhere. Lots of guys stop in Kampsbaai for a midride coffee. (can cause congestion there, but it's part of the vibe.)

Roads will be packed with both riders and excitement. 

4 minutes ago, Wannabe said:

Pleasure. Just go out anytime after sunrise, there will be loads of cyclist around, most doing a relaxed ride out to top of Suikerbossie / Llandudno and then back for a brekkie or a coffee stop somewhere. Lots of guys stop in Kampsbaai for a midride coffee. (can cause congestion there, but it's part of the vibe.)

Roads will be packed with both riders and excitement. 

Thank you. Looking forward 

Some guidance / assistance needed please. Both my wife and her sister are not able to do the CTCT as of today (they both fell ill). They want to sell their ticket at a reduced price. Would a potential purchaser be able to substitute their race number at the expo? Does my wife / sister in-law need to sell their race chip as well?

Substitutions closed in February, don't think there is an option for a late change now. They keep the timing chip - you use it in any racetec timed road event.

Guys, I'm decided if I should ride my MTB with slicks or normal tyres. Normal ones looks better, but ride harder. Which do you prefer specifically for the CTCT

My daughter was due to fly out from London yesterday, her plans included riding the CTCT. But she tested positive for Covid and her trip has been cancelled. 🙄

She has an e-mail from the organizers saying that her entry can be substituted at the expo. If anybody is still looking for a ticket to ride the event, please send me a direct message.

(PS Don't pay any attention to weather forecasts. If it is windy, it will just take longer ...)

15 minutes ago, i24 said:

My daughter was due to fly out from London yesterday, her plans included riding the CTCT. But she tested positive for Covid and her trip has been cancelled. 🙄

She has an e-mail from the organizers saying that her entry can be substituted at the expo. If anybody is still looking for a ticket to ride the event, please send me a direct message.

(PS Don't pay any attention to weather forecasts. If it is windy, it will just take longer ...)

Hope your daughter recovers quickly and fully.

How much does your daughter want for the entry ?