Tour de France 2022

'Dale

This little battle amongst the mountain goats is gonna interesting:

Currently fifth, Quintana has Louis Meintjes (Intermarché-Wanty-Gobert Materiaux) at 8 seconds behind and Aleksandr Vlasov (Bora-Hansgrohe) at 35 seconds, meaning the battle for fifth is one of the big outstanding issues this TT will resolve.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10s between a PB for Louis and another 8th place... still a good turnaround given his barren years in between two Euro teams.image.png.42e1c2b5185ed23862d0603af1050767.png

Geez, to see how the GC podium can also race so well against the clock. Yoh, the ouens can push watts, including the 36 year old Welshman. 
Top Ganna must be carrying a gogga or something or just extraordinary fatigue. I expected a win today. 

There may not be a Champs Élysées next year, I read somewhere. This 2022 edition was just so dramatic and intense, yoh. Fastest average speed in the history of the event, I heard somewhere. 

"Winning this TDF as a team is special. Today was a dream scenario. Jonas is such a strong but especially such a good guy. I want to thank all my team for this special few weeks. It's unbelievable. I am just so tired after three weeks."  - WVA, tearful and relieved as his bra, Jonas, and his team ‘boss’ the Tour de France.

The incredible Pogačar walks away with the white jersey and after winning a few stages in the mountains, after two consecutive maillot jaune victories. Remarkable.

Pic by ASO / Charly Lopez: 

5D4E5DB7-8BDC-4D6D-8069-CE2D05F15B01.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

Great ride by Louis!

8th place in this years tour trumps the previous 8 placings.

Hopefully this tour gives him the confidence to go for stage win in a grand tour or perhaps one of the classics, still think Lombardia.

Some pressure on admin to get us a lekker interview with Louis.

3 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Geez, to see how the GC podium can also race so well against the clock. Yoh, the ouens can push watts, including the 36 year old Welshman. 
Top Ganna must be carrying a gogga or something or just extraordinary fatigue. I expected a win today. 

There may not be a Champs Élysées next year, I read somewhere. This 2022 edition was just so dramatic and intense, yoh. Fastest average speed in the history of the event, I heard somewhere. 

"Winning this TDF as a team is special. Today was a dream scenario. Jonas is such a strong but especially such a good guy. I want to thank all my team for this special few weeks. It's unbelievable. I am just so tired after three weeks."  - WVA, tearful and relieved as his bra, Jonas, and his team ‘boss’ the Tour de France.

The incredible Pogačar walks away with the white jersey and after winning a few stages in the mountains, after two consecutive maillot jaune victories. Remarkable.

Pic by ASO / Charly Lopez: 

5D4E5DB7-8BDC-4D6D-8069-CE2D05F15B01.jpeg

this has been of one of the better tours to watch...intrigue everyday....great aggressive racing...

Amazing tour and after the interviews I’ve seen with Pogacar and the way he raced I have even more admiration.  So graceful and magnanimous in defeat, what a champ.  

He has just leant how to lose and the rest of the peleton is going to pay 

what a tour, missed Alaphilipe but that’s being greedy 

I’m sure on reflection Louis Meintjies will feel justifiably proud.

15 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

I hope you didn’t put the kids college fund on this?

He he, I happened to see Horner's Butterfly Effect YT vid after Stage 11 and he was (still) betting the house on the Poga car. Did he?

The bikes are disappointing this year.

Not a Spez fan, but they now how to do a special bike great!