Koos Likkewaan

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Very few ever get to really LIVE LIFE like this, most of us are rats on a wheel

one day when I win the euro lotto, I want to get a map throw a dart and JUST GO AND DO WTF I WANT TO

Agreed Dipper

1 hour ago, DIPSLICK said:

Very few ever get to really LIVE LIFE like this, most of us are rats on a wheel

one day when I win the euro lotto, I want to get a map throw a dart and JUST GO AND DO WTF I WANT TO

Amen broer, amen. 

7 hours ago, Vetseun said:

Definitely great to have such a legend taking part. But what's with this article citing a 100 hour time limit (plus a few others that probably copied from it). Is it just shoddy journalism, or are they making it tougher for the monk?

Edited by walkerr

18 hours ago, walkerr said:

Definitely great to have such a legend taking part. But what's with this article citing a 100 hour time limit (plus a few others that probably copied from it). Is it just shoddy journalism, or are they making it tougher for the monk?

Likely a typo or rough estimate, I believe the time is 120 hours or so. It's EF's own internal PR piece, not a journalistic write up.

36 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Likely a typo or rough estimate, I believe the time is 120 hours or so. It's EF's own internal PR piece, not a journalistic write up.

Oh yes, definitely true for the EF site - just a mistake by an over eager copy writter. What bugs me on the journalism front was how many cycling news sites have just cut and pasted the text without any fact checking. Those guys shouldn't just be lifting PR copy without checking it.

26 minutes ago, walkerr said:

Oh yes, definitely true for the EF site - just a mistake by an over eager copy writter. What bugs me on the journalism front was how many cycling news sites have just cut and pasted the text without any fact checking. Those guys shouldn't just be lifting PR copy without checking it.

Well in the world of entitlement for 'free' content, there's a price. 

4 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Well in the world of entitlement for 'free' content, there's a price. 

Very True.

Edited by walkerr

Dunno if this link will work - but couple of the Nica boys are on their way to BFN:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159467130821352&set=a.10154420336001352&type=3&comment_id=10159467968206352&notif_id=1637912465297838&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

There's two of them now. Nico has been joined by another Munga legend - Chris van Zyl.

Edit: If you scroll down on the main page, there are tracker links at the bottom for anyone wanting a dot watching warmup before the main event.

https://bicyclecouriers.co.za/cause-of-the-month-nikamunga2021

Just checked though, and not seeing updates as yet - possibly they're not fully active yet. Great they got TrackLeaders to put them up early though, even if the logistics aren't up and running.

Edited by walkerr

On 11/22/2021 at 2:36 PM, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Surprisingly English first name 

He’s a bit like me old mate Hamish van der Merwe, also more lyrically known as Scotch on the Rocks.

Sterkte, Vetseun.

Edited by justinafrika

12 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Cannot confirm but heard Lachlan is leaving SA immediately 

Way things are changing now many may be "trapped" in SA for the duration of the 4th wave ....

People need to get where they need to spend the next 6 months.

Going to be a royal mess for the SA workers all over the globe