UCI DH World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

still bigger than most men on the local blue trails ...

A gazillion times bigger than mine!

Okay, race time again at a bit of a weird venue - thanks to the pit layout and new track. That said, despite my initial feelings on the track I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes and will reserve judgment until after some practice sessions and Vital Raw viewing. 

Interesting developments regarding the riders vis a vis next years change in organization to Chris Ball's company and Discovery as media provider. Riders are also largely in the dark and are starting an association to represent them in discussions regarding issues like safety and track design and prize money. I suspect the interest in $$ has been sparked by talk of growing the viewership and taking DH and XC perhaps to a wider audience. This is clearly motivated by $$ and there is no wonder the riders want to have a say. Good move on their part. 

I am not very confident MTB will pick up a massive viewership and anticipate a pay to view set up. There is also talk of limiting DH finals to far fewer riders, perhaps with TV in mind and shorter broadcast to keep the masses attention. This in itself will ruin the sport for long term fans. 

Come back Red Bull, all is forgiven.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video-ben-cathro-battles-the-dust-in-his-course-preview-for-the-2022-vallnord-dh-world-cup.html

Edited by Headshot

Thats Mister Min heading for a fat OTB on a gnarly section of the track. It appears there are around 8-9 Saffers racing in junior men and elite men this weekend. Chris Philogene was 27th in timed training. 

On 7/11/2022 at 4:28 PM, Hairy said:

Is Gwinnnnn remembering how to ride a DH bike again, I see he is sitting at 11th for this weekends race

image.png.18b0dbd523c4d8a93b0efbe4f56e26dd.png

He had a very wild run yesterday!

9 hours ago, splat said:

He had a very wild run yesterday!

Hey, did Mr Minnnn get a little petty and walk in front of the camera on purpose while Gwinnnn was being interviewed.

Following clip starts about were he walks in front of the camera, and a couple seconds back you will seen him in the background coming off the stage, then standing chatting to another person on the left of the screen before he bombs the camera.

\\

Side note, Gwin is chop. When he got kicked off the podium with BBRRRUUUUNNNNIIII taking the lead from him, there was some serious agression and a very very clear FF****CCCKKK from him on camera.

That was a freaking good race - the best for a few years I think. The track seemed a bit bland at first but it was so fast and got harder as the weekend went on. Did anyone see Pierron's crash in practice - looked like he tried to fell a tree with his hips. 

19 hours ago, Hairy said:

Hey, did Mr Minnnn get a little petty and walk in front of the camera on purpose while Gwinnnn was being interviewed.

Following clip starts about were he walks in front of the camera, and a couple seconds back you will seen him in the background coming off the stage, then standing chatting to another person on the left of the screen before he bombs the camera.

\\

Side note, Gwin is chop. When he got kicked off the podium with BBRRRUUUUNNNNIIII taking the lead from him, there was some serious aggression and a very very clear FF****CCCKKK from him on camera.

I had the impression that he thought he set a winning time!! I laughed when he did that and was like are you serious, the calibre of riders still to come are gonna kill your time!

I am not a Gwin fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he is starting to show signs of making a comeback.

I expect him to either crash out, or do well at Snowshoe.

7 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I am not a Gwin fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he is starting to show signs of making a comeback.

I expect him to either crash out, or do well at Snowshoe.

I'm still of the opinion #AnyoneButGwin 🤪

Its like its illegal to show some emotion when racing for top honours of the world while being surrounded by some of the best this planet has to offer.

Not A Gwin fan really but I admire his legacy of just showing up and putting it down for years , one could draw some similarities between him and Greg and they're probably two of the guys on the current scene that have been racing each other for ever

don't know why people just want to auto-sh#t on him just because he is Gwin.

Everyone has skeletons...

3 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Its like its illegal to show some emotion when racing for top honours of the world while being surrounded by some of the best this planet has to offer.

Not A Gwin fan really but I admire his legacy of just showing up and putting it down for years , one could draw some similarities between him and Greg and they're probably two of the guys on the current scene that have been racing each other for ever

don't know why people just want to auto-sh#t on him just because he is Gwin.

Everyone has skeletons...

LOL, I hear you, I was by no means having that reaction because of him. It would of been the same with anyone else. 

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

... or did they discover alchemy with the Intense prototype. Both Gwin and Norton have abruptly 'found form' with the new frame. Seems unlikely to be a coincidence me thinks.

Wouldn't DH be fun to have:

1. One unusual race per season: somewhere strange in the Third World for example
  2. One uphill race per season
  3. Two race runs per event: one on your team bike, a second run on a one-design bike