Q&A with Luke Moir

News bot

Luke Moir, an 8 times national winner and top ranked junior XCO 2020 cyclist in the World gives us some insights into his current bike set up, favourite places to cycle and top tips when travelling with all your bike gear. What does a typical training week look like for you? It depends on what […]

View full article

reads like an advert, but I guess the 

Supplied by SA Sport and Cargo bit right at the top should give it away.

Not the kind of content I'm interested in on the hub, but I guess advertisers etc. need to be pleased for various reasons.

Edited by ouzo

6 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Can I have my 5 minutes I spent reading this drivel back please?

you still putting it lightly...

but yes total waste of time article.

I'm guessing Thule make a megaload of cash out of the general cycling public in SA.

Good to see them putting some of it back into a local rider and his dreams.

Good to see them stumping up some to place on this website.

I think the general criticism here is loosely accurate, but that's the way things are these days.

18 hours ago, nox1111 said:

I rate the guy as a rider, not in this interview though.

Yeah, let's not crucify the rider, this was most likely scripted....

Thanks for all the feedback on this. 

As some have noted this is a sponsored piece, it should have been more clearly labelled as such. That's on us at Bike Hub. We'll do better going forward.

It's awesome that a brand like Thule is putting money and marketing behind a SA rider like Luke. 
Not doubt some lessons here in delving a bit deeper for content like this, even if it's marketing.

BUT... it's clear there's interest and an opportunity to learn more about the rider, Luke. 

So I'd like to propose that we do a follow up (purely editorial) interview to learn more about Luke Moir as a rider. 

We'll put together some questions and see what we can line up with Luke & his management... most likely after Worlds.

In the spirit of a community driven AMA style interview... what questions do YOU want answered?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thanks for all the feedback on this. 

As some have noted this is a sponsored piece, it should have been more clearly labelled as such. That's on us at Bike Hub. We'll do better going forward.

It's awesome that a brand like Thule is putting money and marketing behind a SA rider like Luke. 
Not doubt some lessons here in delving a bit deeper for content like this, even if it's marketing.

BUT... it's clear there's interest and an opportunity to learn more about the rider, Luke. 

So I'd like to propose that we do a follow up (purely editorial) interview to learn more about Luke Moir as a rider. 

We'll put together some questions and see what we can line up with Luke & his management... most likely after Worlds.

In the spirit of a community driven AMA style interview... what questions do YOU want answered?

and not just from him some of the others too...

include some bike checks (yes pinkbike style) and that's what we'd(well me atleast) would enjoy...

could probably do everyone of the athletes racing at worlds...

1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

I'm guessing Thule make a megaload of cash out of the general cycling public in SA.

Good to see them putting some of it back into a local rider and his dreams.

Good to see them stumping up some to place on this website.

I think the general criticism here is loosely accurate, but that's the way things are these days.

Your Thule back pack is on its way to you as I type.