Van der Poel arrested in Oz

OVERDRIVE

42 minutes ago, ouzo said:

all these stories make it sound like Oz is governed by the tannies on the local neighborhood whatsapp group.

You should have followed their national elections….

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

You should have followed their national elections….

or the time when Jack Sparrow was still in love with psychobitch and she brought her poodles along to his filmshoot. Some nancy spotted them and all hell broke loose.

13 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

or the time when Jack Sparrow was still in love with psychobitch and she brought her poodles along to his filmshoot. Some nancy spotted them and all hell broke loose.

You can’t invent this stuff in Hollywood.

globally the trend to moronic governments is terribly revealing to where society is headed and Australia is far from immune.

11 minutes ago, jcza said:

Remco should be arrested for the abuse he dished out to the pro peloton 

i disagree. he just rode away. 

4 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

a close pal of mine spent a week there for a job interview (pre covid) and while walking along some beachfront promenade in Fremantle he got bumped by a kid on a skateboard . Turned out the bliksem grabbed his wallet from his back pocket so he chased him down shouting and swearing. He got arrested for profanity and disturbing the peace. Needless he didn’t get the job. He’s in Scotland now where an f bomb is part of every sentence. 
I hear lots of strange stories from family and friends over there but they’re used to it and being so heavily policed is welcomed(which is even stranger)

This bit in bold is very sad!

18 hours ago, MORNE said:

most of us here are from a time when if you did this, and you went to your parents to tell them a man stripped his moer because YOU were knocking on his door the whole night -  you’d get ‘sorted out’ a second time in front of said man - and then have to apologise too for being a little dwis because you embarrassed your parents.😅

Exactly

Brats know this and exploit it fully

18 hours ago, MORNE said:

most of us here are from a time when if you did this, and you went to your parents to tell them a man stripped his moer because YOU were knocking on his door the whole night -  you’d get ‘sorted out’ a second time in front of said man - and then have to apologise too for being a little dwis because you embarrassed your parents.😅

I'm absolutely from that time. If, however, my kids were being stupid and an adult moered them like someone once did to me, I would probably end up in prison. Just because it happened when we were young, doesn't make it acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, BigDL said:

I'm absolutely from that time. If, however, my kids were being stupid and an adult moered them like someone once did to me, I would probably end up in prison. Just because it happened when we were young, doesn't make it acceptable. 

nope. you're 100% correct.... I think... 

then again, take a look at animals, especially those that live in groups like primates, dogs etc. Little ones cause trouble and the adults sort them out. lessons are learned and animals grow up well-adjusted within the group.

that said, AAK's (attitude-adjustment-klaps) i witnessed meted out when I was little were probably not an adjustment klap and more of pent-up frustrations (PK, if you like) getting taken out on a child. MVDP has a long flight to ponder which group his fell into...

6 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

nope. you're 100% correct.... I think... 

then again, take a look at animals, especially those that live in groups like primates, dogs etc. Little ones cause trouble and the adults sort them out. lessons are learned and animals grow up well-adjusted within the group.

that said, AAK's (attitude-adjustment-klaps) i witnessed meted out when I was little were probably not an adjustment klap and more of pent-up frustrations (PK, if you like) getting taken out on a child. MVDP has a long flight to ponder which group his fell into...

He claims to have not touched them. Will be a very short ponder...

Just now, lechatnoir said:

who knows what the truth is?

He, and the two girls....

Police gave him his passport back and sent him on his way with a fine.

There is no way in hell the Aussie nanny state will let an adult leave the country that laid hands on two teenage girls.

22 minutes ago, BigDL said:

Ditto. In fact I actually did get a hiding as a kid (13) when we ruined someone’s gate buzzer playing tok tokkie. The oke caught us and waited until our parents arrived. 

He was properly the moer in, but didn’t touch us or anything. Because it’s the parents call. Anyway, we got the hiding and had to help out in his garden for the next week after school.