SRAM announce hangerless Eagle Transmission drivetrains

News bot

I have to just chuckle when I see the anoraks 'debating' these things .... so the next frame I buy, for the next while anyway, do I have to choose if its SRAM or 'traditional' and stick with that? Nah they know what they can do with that idea, to me anyway

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I have to just chuckle when I see the anoraks 'debating' these things .... so the next frame I buy, for the next while anyway, do I have to choose if its SRAM or 'traditional' and stick with that? Nah they know what they can do with that idea, to me anyway

The official answer: "Any frame that fulfils the “UDH Specification” featuring a hanger-less interface can be upgraded. Complete specification information can be found at universalderailleurhanger.com"

If you've bought a new bike recently, there's a fair chance it already has it.

I am all for the new innovations and we saw it being used in World cups last year - you would think with all that testing they would know the flaws on design, I am sure they have done there homework properly. 

Any hopes that this new tech will bring down pricing for 'older' eagle products? Or will they just throw it right in at R30k+ over the current AXS XX1 🙄
My frame would probably take the newly designed derailleur but my bank balance couldn't 😂

Really like the design on the cranks!!

There will be those that mock it, ridicule it, find fault and make up false facts about it to knock it down some more.
And then there will be those that will sleep outside the shop to be the first to have it on their bikes.

This stuff may be clever and beautiful, but OMG its expensive!

This is an awesome step forward and was very cleverly done 

but 

We needed more reliable NX and cheaper GX/XO ......the money poured into this could've been spent better i feel 

1 minute ago, BaGearA said:

This is an awesome step forward and was very cleverly done 

but 

We needed more reliable NX and cheaper GX/XO ......the money poured into this could've been spent better i feel 

I think you will see the trickle down of current mechanical XX1/XO/GX to NX/SX which will be a big win for budget conscious riders and bike marketers

Just now, peepeekaitjie said:

Idk, this is pretty cool. When is Sram going to make a front derailleur that works?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, HdB said:

One perspective on this:

Very interesting. So it looks like I can save my bucks for now and keep my XTR/GX AXS on my MTB/Gravel bikes 😅

10 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

And the new XO crank looks interesting. 

Not like any of these would be in the average persons budget so ja it looks interesting and that's about it ... 

will eventually filter down to the tier drivetrains 

2 hours ago, PhilipV said:

This is very streamlined and tucked away nicely. Maybe it will stay out of harms way.
But the last time I broke a derailleur I felt the rock hit the underside of my foot, and take the derailleur out on the way back. This fancy one would not have made it. 
It seems that SRAM and frame makers have decided it’s better to have the rider’s wallet be the sacrificial item. 

Sounds like you need bigger feet

Now "We all know" the best drive train to have to prevent expected critical failure from a trail side "bump" is either a Single Speed, or a gearbox type system .......

2 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

The question is, would you even consider buying a bike that does not have SRAM on it :P

Yes, I like SRAM.