I friend of mine told me about On-cloud running shoes which I've never heard of before, maybe because I live under a rock or it's because I hate running.

But anyways, to make a long story short, I was curious so I asked to give me a link and I will have a look. 

So I had a look at the link https://tifosisports.co.za 

Tifosi Sports is the official importer/distributor in SA and you are right, the shoes are pretty expensive, and they do not give any discounts.

If you've been here long enough, you'd know the next best thing people do is to do a search on the web and see who else sells it and perhaps you can pick up a bargain or two. You guessed it, there are some websites selling it for less than half the price! Then I was thinking, this sounds too good to be true! After further investigations, etc, etc....All scams, some looking VERY legit, and others selling cheap chineez look-alikes! So be warned people.

Another thing I picked up are the courier companies....

There must be a syndicate at work here as well.

When you order something online, the supplier uses a curier company to collect and deliver. There are workers/agents/drivers in these companies that now go and pick up your parcel for delivery. They have all your details e.g. name, address, phone number. You get a sms from a +27 08708... number:

Due to the wrong delivery address of your package,

the delivery of the package has been suspended,

please update it in time:

https://s.id/Postoza

You put in your address, then submit. After you submit you then need to provide your credit card details as it was delivered to the "incorrect" address in case they need to charge you for it.

Edit: BTW, the https://s.id/Postoza was a dead give away, but I had a peek as i was curious.

Edited by nathrix

Shot for the heads-up, yeah if you know the prices and suddenly see the shoes at half or less then alarm bells should be going off. Fortunately I was able to buy a pair instore, I think it was Cape Union Mart. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/5/2023 at 9:12 PM, milky4130 said:

Shot for the heads-up, yeah if you know the prices and suddenly see the shoes at half or less then alarm bells should be going off. Fortunately I was able to buy a pair instore, I think it was Cape Union Mart. 

Hi there

Just a heads up - www.tifosisports.co.za is the legitimate and approved official distributor's website in South Africa for the On brand.

I represent Tifosi Sports in South Africa. You can safely view and purchase official On products from our website with no further additional delivery and custom duty charges. If you would like to validate our existence (and you are based in Johannesburg) then you are welcome to visit our premises to view and purchase On products from our premises at 3 Eileen Road, Blairgowrie, Johannesburg. 

We are aware of +/- fake 14 website marketing themselves in SA as a reseller of On products. All of these websites have heavily discounted prices - far below the standard RRP prices of original On products. If you also take time to read the Returns Policy of these fake websites you will notice the inconsistencies of the T's & C's of the Return Policy wording versus the products the website portrays to be selling. These fake websites take you money and do not deliver any goods. They are a scam. 

On International in Switzerland and Tifosi Sports in South Africa are actively attempting to shut these fake websites. It is an ongoing process.

There are also other similar fake websites in South Africa that are misrepresenting that they are official resellers of other major sporting brands in South Africa.

Please be aware.

The Tifosi Sports Team

WIth regards to the shoes itself.
I own 4 pairs.  Love them!  Wear them to work and every now and again, when the itch arises, go run around the block.

Comfy, light, well built.

Follow the amazing exploits of Nicky Booyens, one of, if not THE most accomplished Ultra Ultra Ultra athlete in SA.... 

She wears them

I found them a bit flimsy...2 pairs fell apart rather quickly compared to my Salomons which give me double the mileage...but your mileage may vary:)

Had no feedback from the local retailer when I told them...

I could be totally wrong, but seem to have come from the tennis arena into running. hit the news recently when Swiatek (world #1) signed a massive deal with them, but then rocked up at Roland Garros wearing Asics... dunno what happened next behind the scenes.

they are not CHEAP, but if they work for you, then they work for you!

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/on-men-s-cloudmonster-road-running-shoes/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwz8emBhDrARIsANNJjS7pfzSxXhj0NWN4IvgKy4BHPNTfqTIau5x_9x6_TZHkJrS10N0u8k0aAj61EALw_wcB

cue Roger's private jet jokes.

17 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Follow the amazing exploits of Nicky Booyens, one of, if not THE most accomplished Ultra Ultra Ultra athlete in SA.... 

She wears them

This^^^ Nix is an absolute machine. Looking forward to ARWC with her later this year. I think she has done more racing km than anyone else in SA this year to be honest.

As for the first post. I think the warning was not at all for Tifosi at all. I think it is a warning for the knockoffs trying to make a quick buck on a scam using the premium products. Tifosi are legit and the previous orders I have done with them have been good, even delivering to the platteland

13 minutes ago, dave303e said:

This^^^ Nix is an absolute machine. Looking forward to ARWC with her later this year. I think she has done more racing km than anyone else in SA this year to be honest.

As for the first post. I think the warning was not at all for Tifosi at all. I think it is a warning for the knockoffs trying to make a quick buck on a scam using the premium products. Tifosi are legit and the previous orders I have done with them have been good, even delivering to the platteland

easily. especially if you weight the km with the terrain. She is not normal (and should be celebrated as such!)

20 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

easily. especially if you weight the km with the terrain. She is not normal (and should be celebrated as such!)

and remember she takes 3 steps for every 2 steps everyone else takes

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

I could be totally wrong, but seem to have come from the tennis arena into running. hit the news recently when Swiatek (world #1) signed a massive deal with them, but then rocked up at Roland Garros wearing Asics... dunno what happened next behind the scenes.

they are not CHEAP, but if they work for you, then they work for you!

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/on-men-s-cloudmonster-road-running-shoes/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwz8emBhDrARIsANNJjS7pfzSxXhj0NWN4IvgKy4BHPNTfqTIau5x_9x6_TZHkJrS10N0u8k0aAj61EALw_wcB

cue Roger's private jet jokes.

I've been lead to believe they were created by Olivier Bernhard the former swiss duathlete and triathlete

The shoes are extremely popular here in Switz, its almost like to live here you have to own a pair.

Have never tried them...yet 

2 hours ago, SwissVan said:

I've been lead to believe they were created by Olivier Bernhard the former swiss duathlete and triathlete

The shoes are extremely popular here in Switz, its almost like to live here you have to own a pair.

Have never tried them...yet 

Yes Oliver is the founding member and Roger Federer is a sponsor and investor in the company.