• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday and Saturday - around Jakkalswater just outside Nababeep in Namaqualand.

I always wondered if there are areas where you can do some slick rock riding in Namakwaland. It looks so promising when you drive through on the N7. So, how was it from a cycling perspective?

Back mooching around my usual haunt of Tokai, pretty hot up there today but fun. Had to try the bike out as I spent a good part of yesterday swapping parts across from my Felt hardtail to the Giant Anthem frame I recently got my grubby paws on.

Those were the best Anthems Giant ever made (OK, anyone, argue if you want :ph34r: )! Enjoy!

I always wondered if there are areas where you can do some slick rock riding in Namakwaland. It looks so promising when you drive through on the N7. So, how was it from a cycling perspective?

Was very nice riding - there are some long flat rock sections that are not too steep around Jakkalswater.  General riding in the area also very good (Last rode there 40 years ago riding a dikwiel Humber).  Would not recommend a summer outing there however.   

Those were the best Anthems Giant ever made (OK, anyone, argue if you want :ph34r: )! Enjoy!

It certainly felt good for a first time out. Now the scheming starts over an upgraded fork...

Usuthu River Gorge in the northern corner of KZN between Ndumo GR and Swaziland. Technical single track with savage thorns.

Tubeless Ardents took lots of thorns but did not lose air overnight. Do I pull the thorns and plug or just leave 'em in?

post-61682-1415592969,4267.jpg