Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Hiding from the infernal Cape Doctor - Top of Newlands Forest, the clearing before dropping into the Kirstenbosch single track. The Blockhouse was just too exposed and I didn't feel like getting blown off the bike today.

2022-01-30 004.jpg

Edited by DJR

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, DJR said:

Hiding from the infernal Cape Doctor - Top of Newlands Forest, the clearing before dropping into the Kirstenbosch single track. The Blockhouse was just too exposed and I didn't feel like getting blown off the bike today.

2022-01-30 004.jpg

I saw those "bollards" whilst out running last Friday and had to laugh. I mean, you could try ride another 200m up that track, but beyond that you're really not gonna have a good time once it becomes the Fernwood singletrack/broken boardwalk climb to the contour path 😆

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Would like to ride there, one day, when I visit the in-laws for holiday.

its a tough ride but always worth it, spectacular views and wine farms but some challenging terrain 

20 hours ago, DJR said:

2022-01-30 004.jpg

was also on that route yesterday late morning. Besides the shelter from the wind there is also a fair amount of shade which helps when you are too lazy to drag your lazy ass out of bed early enough to avoid the heat.

3 hours ago, copperhead said:

Another tough sunset. Dinner a la bread and coke while I watch the day turn to night. Need some magic 🍄 to enjoy it a little more. Next trip on the packing list. And my old bike. 🤣🤣

20220131_194422.jpg

20220131_124738.jpg

Well….they are super light and pack down small 😉

First time, ever, that I've quit a workout midway. 15-mins into the first 25m interval @ 88% of FTP, it was feeling like a 150% effort for the same duration. Something just didn't "feel" right. Dropped the power to 70% and I was still feeling pap... so stopped, climbed off and went for a shower.

That's when I saw the Garmin showed 37 hours recovery, after those 31 minutes. 

edit: turns out the family has all been hit by a One Day Only special... 24 hour bug. They have all been sick overnight, except me. 

Edited by Frosty

I wonder where Alan Hatherly spent his day on his bike.

I saw him leaving the estate we live in at 8am this morning looking splendid in his South African Champions jersey and gleaming white and black Cannondale

I on the other hand had to spend 9 hours at my computer before I could take my road bike out for a little loop around to Stellenbosch and back