There are some Jersey cows in the pic, somewhere

ca4d2587c4a68fc0fa4ab0b325d95e92.jpg

Weapons of mass destruction [emoji12]

332b586b9fc2703e763f4831c315ed5d.jpg

Real Bicycle Company, the birthplace of Qhubeka bikes

f9acd97ebbb74c054869b3240fd9dd3f.jpg

Breakfast of champions

51e068ffc127b514e5ab822f2d8fa0cf.jpg

mmmm... pie....Shamrock pie...still the best pie in the world?

mmmm... pie....Shamrock pie...still the best pie in the world?

Second best.

Nothing beats a Wagon Wheel pie [emoji7]

Second best.

Nothing beats a Wagon Wheel pie [emoji7]

Nah, dunno those, must be for the younger generation  :ph34r: ...Shamrock was the world's first pie-maker (comic sans).....in E Slummies anyway..... then came Beavers in Port Alfred....huge problem with traffic accidents after picking up one of those bad boys...you actually had to eat next to the road cause it was a full pot of steaming hot filling which could scald you if weren't careful..pastry wrapped 2 course meal!!!.....then they got bought out and went downhill quick! :blush:

Lekker ride on my hardtail.

attachicon.gif1582446998239.jpeg

On the lekker soft lawn where crashing is a lekker laughing matter and mostly just the ego gets (not-lekker) hurt  :whistling:

Edit: Ignore me, I'm just nasty because I can't ride a uni to save my life :blush:

Edited by DJR

Found the first warning signs that the window of opportunity for emergency last minute CTCT training is closing right NOW! :thumbup:

PS: If you look at how many sand bags weigh the sign down, then the organizers certainly have learnt a thing or 2 about how to deal with a southeaster! Hope the portaloo guys are as well prepared! :D  ;)

post-17716-0-02226200-1582448327_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

Now this is the kind of sign i would like to see more often!!!

attachicon.gifDoha Olympic track.jpeg

attachicon.gifDoha Olympic track 2.png

Doha has just opened a new cycling superhighway...it was built next to the newly designed coastal highway which is now 10 lanes (5 x 2) wide! (it used to be double lane and a death trap even for cars never mind cyclists). So when they laid down the new highway, they just sommer built the cyclists their own highway...at the moment its 33km out and runs next to the main highway with its own bridges and underpasses through all the intersections. It's a proper two lane road only for cyclists with full lighting at night, and I must say its an absolute pleasure to ride without fear of your life....cyclists are still a strange thing that not many around here are used to seeing on the road. I believe there are plans to extend to the next town which will make it 60km out...and also link to the new planned cycle lanes around Doha, some of which are already opened.

It's pretty flat as you can imagine with some climbs over intersections and dips through underpasses and its going to be a bitch when the wind Shamal blows cause there's no hiding from it when it comes. It's also lined with saplings and there's lots of planting going on along the sides with water features and grass and stuff.

So its officially called the "Qatar Olympic Cycle Track" and is part of the massive developments taking place here for the World cup soccer in 2022, and actually goes past two of the new stadiums under construction.

Now my new favourite track for a burn after work!!!

attachicon.gifDoha Olympic track 3.png

attachicon.gifDoha Olympic track 4.png

Short explorer clip.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMuuvD2RblM&feature=youtu.be