• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Random question - how do I post a picture here? 

Are you on tapatalk, PC or mobile?

PC - More reply options, there's an upload section under the body of the post. Choose the file, click attach, then add to post. 

Mobile - select "use desktop version" at the bottom of the page, then same as above.

Tapatalk - Reply, add photos / files

Some pictures you can just copy / paste into the body of your post, but certain file formats / sources aren't accepted and in that case you'll have to use one of the methods above. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Went for a spin on the SS MTB this morning ... what an amazing day to be out on the bike!

Gearing is very light, so got a proper cardio work out at least :P

Past another rider oncoming rider at one point who shouted out "Hey Hairy" .... I have no idea who this was :)

.......Past another rider oncoming rider at one point who shouted out "Hey Hairy" .... I have no idea who this was :)

You sure it wasn't "Hey hairy" that he shouted? :ph34r:

Ps. I wouldn't be surprised if someone greets me like that one of these days.

So many questions!

Drone?

And been wanting to ask for a while, what camera gives that front view ?

Software to make it all happen ? And of course how much time did this vid take to make and then put together ?

Gear:

Drone: Mavic Pro, first gen

GoPro 8

EVO SS gimbal - In low light, you need good stability and despite GP8's great in-camera stabilisation, nothing does it better than a 3-axis gimbal, the EVO is compact, takes re-chargeable batteries and has survived a few trips to Morzine.

GoPro Max 360 - this is for the out-front, look-back shots, mounted on a short pole attached to stem. Great piece of kit BUT you need to protect and clean those lenses ALWAYS! Editing the footage is really easy these days.

Shooting: this all depends on what you want as an end results, and I never really plan much unless I want a specific shot. Mostly, the gear is always with me, its small and portable, quick to mount and it's just a case of hitting "record" in fact GoPro voice activation is really good now...so all part of a ride. The only planned time spent is droning cause you have to stop and setup, fly and then pack away. If I ride with the drone, then I have a Peak Design camera backpack for everything, otherwise the other stuff fits in pockets or is already mounted

Editing - Adobe Premiere Pro with After Effects with tons of effects, LUTS and the GoPro Reframe plugin for the 360 footage. Super powerful and flexible

Time: As I said the shooting mostly taker place on the fly so not much as long as you set up the cameras in the correct settings before hand. Editing this clip took about an hour including the GoPro 360 conversions, tweaking and rendering to final cut.

Why: I love the process and although you end up with a bunch of home movies nobody ever watches, I have tons of clips I can quickly go back to and relive "adventures"....Check out my channel over there on YT.....no monetisation, I don't "need" you to either "like" or "subscribe" to "help the channel"..I'm not "sponsored"......its just there...lekka!

Gear:

Drone: Mavic Pro, first gen

GoPro 8

EVO SS gimbal - In low light, you need good stability and despite GP8's great in-camera stabilisation, nothing does it better than a 3-axis gimbal, the EVO is compact, takes re-chargeable batteries and has survived a few trips to Morzine.

GoPro Max 360 - this is for the out-front, look-back shots, mounted on a short pole attached to stem. Great piece of kit BUT you need to protect and clean those lenses ALWAYS! Editing the footage is really easy these days.

Shooting: this all depends on what you want as an end results, and I never really plan much unless I want a specific shot. Mostly, the gear is always with me, its small and portable, quick to mount and it's just a case of hitting "record" in fact GoPro voice activation is really good now...so all part of a ride. The only planned time spent is droning cause you have to stop and setup, fly and then pack away. If I ride with the drone, then I have a Peak Design camera backpack for everything, otherwise the other stuff fits in pockets or is already mounted

Editing - Adobe Premiere Pro with After Effects with tons of effects, LUTS and the GoPro Reframe plugin for the 360 footage. Super powerful and flexible

Time: As I said the shooting mostly taker place on the fly so not much as long as you set up the cameras in the correct settings before hand. Editing this clip took about an hour including the GoPro 360 conversions, tweaking and rendering to final cut.

Why: I love the process and although you end up with a bunch of home movies nobody ever watches, I have tons of clips I can quickly go back to and relive "adventures"....Check out my channel over there on YT.....no monetisation, I don't "need" you to either "like" or "subscribe" to "help the channel"..I'm not "sponsored"......its just there...lekka!

for the shots facing you, do you just edit out the pipe holding the go pro 360 towards you? Or does gopro edit it out automatically? 

for the shots facing you, do you just edit out the pipe holding the go pro 360 towards you? Or does gopro edit it out automatically? 

You just have to ride fast enough and it won't "see" the post ;)

You just have to ride fast enough and it won't "see" the post ;)

:clap:   no, GoPro's software joins the images from the two lenses together and the base is "edited" out automatically as long as the camera is far enough out and perfectly lined up with pole ..

you can render the 360 footage in actual 360 video or "reframe" it into flat, normal 2D video and using the reframe plugin, you can still rotate round the scene during editing, so basically you switch it on anytime and then later you can choose your camera view for the final cut. Very clever but there are still a few bugs with it eg differences in light/shadows from each lens view can result in footage with a seam line..they are improving the firmware and only huge differences in exposure cause this now, it's pretty much seamless in most conditions.