• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, but forgot my phone at home, so no pictures. Luckily your one is beautiful enough for both of us! :thumbup:

Did we pass each other? Got to Rhodes around 16:50 left after 17:30

The photo went awol

That picture is as much part of my brain as the grey matter. I was supposed to be there in June, but this virus mess scrapped our plans. Now things are even more chaotic and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get away any time soon. I tell you, social distancing in Prince Albert must be better than in Cape Town. :)

Edited by DJR

That picture is as much part of my brain as the grey matter. I was supposed to be there in June, but this virus mess scrapped our plans. Now things are even more chaotic and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get away any time soon. I tell you, social distancing in Prince Albert must be better than in Cape Town. :)

We have been lucky but the non adherence to social distancing by a large group of our community means that when it hits us there is going to be trouble . We see a growing number of families moving here on a temporary basis hoping to escape the worrying conditions of their City .

We have been lucky but the non adherence to social distancing by a large group of our community means that when it hits us there is going to be trouble . We see a growing number of families moving here on a temporary basis hoping to escape the worrying conditions of their City .

I got a permit to travel to Cape St francis where I have a cottage - was blown away by the amount of people who had relocated there for lockdown and acting as if they were on holiday.  One guy from Cape Town went to a dinner party ffs feeling unwell and now 3 people there with confirmed cases

Barcelona was up today on my virtual tour around planet Earth. Viewing it on Rouvy is quite boring, so I use the app just to record my ride, and use Google Maps on my laptop to see some sights as I get to a certain areas based on the route on Rouvy. I completely forgot about the Camp Nou (FC Barcelona's stadium) when planning the route, and only noticed it when riding.

post-1372-0-12749800-1594319659_thumb.png

One hour at a leisurely pace, as I passed the old (1992) Olympic village, and saw a strange looking landmark. This tower is called Torre de Comunicacions de Montjuïc - Sinuous 136m telecommunications tower created by architect Santiago Calatrava for the 1992 Olympics.

post-1372-0-90500600-1594319134_thumb.png

Then, on to the main streets and the satellite view showed some rather unique building designs/layouts.

post-1372-0-52335900-1594319188_thumb.png

post-1372-0-17635900-1594319794_thumb.png

36mm rain in the Cape today .. thus far, and it is still raining ...

not sure too many braved it outside ....

I dunno, it was a beautiful day in the South..... :ph34r: ....(​yesterday!)

post-35907-0-86979800-1594320527_thumb.jpeg

actually turned sad when I saw the chopper and then news :(

got out for maybe 45 mins before rain kicked in here...very windy...and now its just rain...the turbo trainer has been set-up....

Barcelona .............

That brought back some very fond memories. Btw, the aerial view of the street design is unique to Barcelona and works incredibly well. 

I am tempted. My work has kept me firmly off the saddle now for over a week. In the last 3 weeks I have only managed 4 rides altogether. I was thinking I can get a lekker ride in this weekend...and then the weather happened. I might still though.

sometimes I dislike my job...