Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

The S-works aren't mine. I've got a oldish Merida which I've changed to 1x, with a 40T at the back and 32T in front. Started looking for a bigger range already last night. If I have a 46T or even a 42T it might help a lot. Seems to me that I wasn't the only one suffering with climbs this weekend [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]aaeba94dfb8dd21e9315ab713e0ecdb3.jpg

Yip know your pain had the same ratio's on my bike till last week. Now on 32 50 and it feels like the chain fell off ???? Edited by Me rida my bicycle

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Vaalie, is that Sir Lowry's Pass?

Chapmans Peak going up from Hout Bay side, a couple of hundred metres before the toll gate.

Edited by DJR

Chapmans Peak going up from Hout Bay side, a couple of hundred metres before the toll gate.

:thumbup:

[emoji1303]

Glad I wasn't the only one grinding it out this weekend. I painstaking drew up a route based on Pikey's gravel grind and my need to conquer Camaro road, spent hours double checking Komoot against the 3D view of Google Maps... So obviously this ride entailed hiking-a-bike, bundu bashing, triple checking the GPS, backtracking and all other manners of "exploration".

Coldest I've ever been on the bike, by far. So cold on Klipriver that the outer 3mm layer of water in my bottles, and the nozzle, froze. 

Managed to grind it up Camaro, although I also found out at that moment that my rear deraileur's adjustment wasn't correct, so it kept on jumping out of the 42 tooth granny. So I slogged it up there in 30/36 with the fat takkies. At least rode all the way up, until I got to the little dirt turn-off at the top which takes you onto the grass mound between the last row of houses and the highway. Needless to say, I had to push up there, but was rewarded with this:

post-131650-0-52458300-1594013917_thumb.jpeg

Unfortunately i found that some of the dirt tracks I had planned to ride were enclosed within enormous nature estates.

Overall still a great ride, and great to finally conquer Camaro and get a 5 hour spin in.

Beattbox and I took his daughter over Chapmans Peak for her very first road ride last weekend. I thought that it was either a brilliant or a terrible idea. He hoped it would inspire her to try it again, but imagine doing any other road after that......it must be a let-down. Time will tell if it was the right thing to start her with champagne and caviar!

It seemed to have had the desired outcome. She can't wait to do it again. The only problem now is that she wants a new bike. 

It seemed to have had the desired outcome. She can't wait to do it again. The only problem now is that she wants a new bike. 

Oh, that's not a problem at all. In fact, it's called an opportunity!  :thumbup: