• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

About 100 kilometers north of Calvinia. All you see is road. It is pretty awesome. Northern Cape. It is massive.

My favourite part of our lovely land

More road. (hope not the same picture)

Good news: There is some cooler weather on the way, but keep in mind that it never gets comfortably cool there in January.

PS: If you see a sign that says Verneuk Pan pointing right, and you follow that, you'll end up in the middle of nowhere (Vanwyksvlei, I don't think it even has a sign of its own anymore)..........and that's where a little DR was born long ago!

More road. (hope not the same picture)

You've probably posted but can I see a pic of your set up please

I leave for my first trip on Tuesday and I don't want to be over packed  - how much weight are you carrying including bike?

I am horribly under prepared in terms of fitness and my mental game is weak at best.  I'll be riding solo on a route prepared by Benky - his tour was 3 days with a leatherman in his pocket and pack of chewing gum - mine is 6 days on the exact route B&B to B&B

I'm excited and terrified because If I can't see the sea I lose all sense of direction

I'll be riding from Hoekwil to Stellenbosch

You've probably posted but can I see a pic of your set up please

I leave for my first trip on Tuesday and I don't want to be over packed - how much weight are you carrying including bike?

I am horribly under prepared in terms of fitness and my mental game is weak at best. I'll be riding solo on a route prepared by Benky - his tour was 3 days with a leatherman in his pocket and pack of chewing gum - mine is 6 days on the exact route B&B to B&B

I'm excited and terrified because If I can't see the sea I lose all sense of direction

I'll be riding from Hoekwil to Stellenbosch

Wayne, Copperhead is probably out of signal, he decide to push on from Brandvlei to Kenhardt.

Wayne, Copperhead is probably out of signal, he decide to push on from Brandvlei to Kenhardt.

Yup, cell signal in that part of the world is very much only in and around the towns, and those are far apart. 

Good news: There is some cooler weather on the way, but keep in mind that it never gets comfortably cool there in January.

PS: If you see a sign that says Verneuk Pan pointing right, and you follow that, you'll end up in the middle of nowhere (Vanwyksvlei, I don't think it even has a sign of its own anymore)..........and that's where a little DR was born long ago!

For a second I thought you were going to say conceived. Guess there's not much else to do around there...❤

Haha nice.. my grandpa was a teacher in Van Wyksvlei in the 1930/40s. I drove through there two years ago, that place looks like it stands still in time