• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

My ride at lunctime....

So frustrating to see this on a ride..Must have been dumped last night.....And its right where a race goes by this weekend...
What a scruffy and careless town I live in...(The official dump is about 6km from here....)

(99% sure I know who it was and did go and speak to them...Hopefully its gone by tomorrow....but still....Filthy Savages!)

IMG-20210604-WA0013.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

33 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

I would love to plot this thing in Veloviewer...........can't seem to get it right:

https://www.strava.com/segments/3866479

40% gradient.............

I've started comparing these types of climbs based on VAM for each person.
That is pretty good going, compared to the hills we have in the south (Glenvista and surrounds). Not as long, but as steep; not as fast.

2 hours ago, Mojoman said:

My ride at lunctime....

So frustrating to see this on a ride..Must have been dumped last night.....And its right where a race goes by this weekend...
What a scruffy and careless town I live in...(The official dump is about 6km from here....)

(99% sure I know who it was and did go and speak to them...Hopefully its gone by tomorrow....but still....Filthy Savages!)

IMG-20210604-WA0013.jpg

Another unhappy customer.... Lol... There is always evidence to be found in those piles of rubbish....I just don't know why people do it to begin with.... Anyway both a bad and good start to the weekend... 

Good evening,

I was informed about it this afternoon, immediately I despatched the team to go and clean the rubbish that was there.

Disciplinary hearing will follow with the employee who did this to the community. 

Thank you for your email, I really appreciate it

2 hours ago, Mojoman said:

My ride at lunctime....

IMG-20210604-WA0013.jpg

Who threw a bike away? :P

Kidding aside, when I ride to the trails it's sad to see just how much trash is on the side of the road sometimes.

it was cold out there this morning (even in slumtown) got to minus 2 at one stage.

Feels soooooo gooood to be out riding again 

IMG_20210605_114155_878.jpg.921bbca214a49963eb9f9ae5d0260129.jpg

The mighty Gonubie River 

20210605_064632-01.jpeg.9314907d965394c9944ee670a1384166.jpeg

Kudus kloof, got interesting after this with a 4km jeeptrack downhill section straight into the rising sun 

20210605_073058.jpg.1f14bf435e1b9535631156fbce192759.jpg