Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

34 minutes ago, Theunissa said:

Yes I'm doing it with my son. The 10km it's 11march. They said next week we can go again last time then the race then it's fully closed after the race

As I can’t make the CTCT was considering do the 70. Think I will definitely do it now as I have never ridden there , and seems as if it may be my last chance ,sad ,very sad ☹️ 

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

Seeing as I couldn't get my chocolate croissant yesterday, I went somewhere else to get it today!

I should start doing more long rides so I can earn these a bit...

strava1144349530416846582.jpg

Drooling 🤤 on myself......love a good pastry . Especially a chocolate croissant.

Where is motherland ? Asking for a friend of course 😎

55 minutes ago, Thomo said:

What was the wind like there.?

Blustery around False Bay so changed my route ... 😊

Treacherous on the descent 🫣

I used the neck and green belt to save me from most of the wind. 😬

32 minutes ago, Pikey said:

As I can’t make the CTCT was considering do the 70. Think I will definitely do it now as I have never ridden there , and seems as if it may be my last chance ,sad ,very sad ☹️ 

DO it. It is a great ride. Some nice climbing and down hill. Even the van gaalens  and sondela ones are nice. I'm doing the whole series with my 8 year old son. But ja buffels was unieke this side of SA 

1 minute ago, Theunissa said:

DO it. It is a great ride. Some nice climbing and down hill. Even the van gaalens  and sondela ones are nice. I'm doing the whole series with my 8 year old son. But ja buffels was unieke this side of SA 

Absolutely will. That’s special doing it with your son 👌

Have done Van Gaalens a couple of times. The last few climbs are a real test of resolve . In fact so are the concrete steps ,can’t go to hard there early on. 

My Stumpy and I look forward to it 😎

1 hour ago, JacBrand said:

Rode Clarence drive from Somerset West to Betty's Bay.

Had lekker coffee at Coffee on Clarence

image.jpeg.aa1e5965cc1f1f9da7129d3eab55a7ba.jpeg

Hard to choose between this and Chappies...on a good day, I think this one wins!!!

18 hours ago, Pikey said:

Drooling 🤤 on myself......love a good pastry . Especially a chocolate croissant.

Where is motherland ? Asking for a friend of course 😎

They are a sizeable chain I've learnt. They one I've visit most regularly is in bedfordview, where the concept spez store is.

20230226_080127.jpg

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

They are a sizeable chain I've learnt. They one I've visit most regularly is in bedfordview, where the concept spez store is.

20230226_080127.jpg

I know where that is , I think. Opposite cnr to spez concept store? I never ride out that way for some reason . Need to plan a route out that way  🤔 

10 minutes ago, Pikey said:

I know where that is , I think. Opposite cnr to spez concept store? I never ride out that way for some reason . Need to plan a route out that way  🤔 

just an "alley way" that separate them.

Just now, The Ouzo said:

hahaha, no i'm talking about the alley way between the spez shop and motherland

What a Spez 😂😂😂😂 

So to ease the strain on the healing bones and lung decided to check out the option of running 650B wheels with 'monster' tyres as @Pikey calls them.

Yip it definitely helps 😎

I know that those wheel builds will give the 'purist' wheelbuilders on the hub sleepless nights but I do apologize in advance 😜

IMG_20230228_141621_584.jpg

IMG_20230228_141621_855.jpg

IMG_20230228_141621_995.jpg