Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

14 hours ago, ChrisF said:

So just 42km then ... 😋

Did it save the ride ?  Or do you loose all data when the battery goes to sleep ?

53km actually, everyone knows you only count in multiples of 5 :)

No you dont lose the data, its save up until it turns off, so when you turn it back on again it says ride in progress, once you acknowledge you can then stop the ride and it uploads what it saved.

A manual entry for the last 8km was done.

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/1/2024 at 7:41 PM, Mr Anderson said:

I own more plots on boulders than I can afford, so have avoided this little drop off going over the wooden bridge for a while, I finally road it today.. 🎉

IMG_8183.jpeg

I empathize. I also tend to go real estate shopping, especially when on my own and attempting something i will easily ride and  normally fall my ar$e off and get to sit in the flowers licking my wounds on my own. I am sure its about doubly as painful when no one sees you.

Banhoek on Saturday morning...  First ride in two months after spraining my ankle.

Probably should have tried something a little easier as a first ride back. Coughed up a lung, ankle was ok until had to put a foot down cos I was falling over I was going so slowly.  Pretty knackered by the end.  But the grin the single track produced and the banter with the cycling buddies made it worthwhile! 

WhatsAppImage2024-09-09at08_53.54_5aa774ea.jpg.1abac552aaf800b6bccd10dcefa44fc8.jpg

On 9/6/2024 at 11:58 PM, henningvr said:

Back on the bike after a bit of a wild winter (work, flu, and whatnot). The Tranquilitas rim trail always makes for a good workout.

rimtrail.jpg

Love this trail

14 hours ago, nonky said:

Love this trail

Heading out there in November.
Not many rides out there if you have a look on the sections on Strava so difficult to gage what is what.

54 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Heading out there in November.
Not many rides out there if you have a look on the sections on Strava so difficult to gage what is what.

Unfortunately, I haven't visited for years (moved away) so cannot give you any recent info.  When i was there last, the trails were in good shape and lots of fun.  Lots and lots of gravel (forestry) roads in the area too, if you like that kinda thing.  Also climbing and trail running - see the website.

https://tranquilitas.com/activity/mountain-biking/

2 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

"I know of no better life purpose than to perish in attempting the great and the impossible." 

– Friedrich Nietzsche

IMG_9117.jpeg

Nice pic.

Can't say I agree with Nietzsche though.

Tough day out on Steely Dan, not so warm on the Highveld ... 3 speed not the best choice with gale coming along 😩

As in life though there aren't always easier gears so you have to make do 🤪

That front wheel 😮
#IYKYK

If you look carefully in the distance 😉

20240910_115840~2.jpg

20240910_115905~2.jpg

Edited by NotSoBigBen