• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

I rocked up at the Cape Point gate the other day with a R100 note in my pocket and discovered that it now cost R110 if you want to enter and ride your road bike to the point and back along the tar road. Needless to say, I rather went for an espresso and a croissant in Noordhoek on my way back.  

I rocked up at the Cape Point gate the other day with a R100 note in my pocket and discovered that it now cost R110 if you want to enter and ride your road bike to the point and back along the tar road. Needless to say, I rather went for an espresso and a croissant in Noordhoek on my way back.

I have a wildcard so free entry if I am in a car but not if I am on my greenhouse gas emitting, fuel guzzling road bike, national parks just have an odd view on conservation. I had many choice words the the woman at the gate but she was not interested in my logical, eco friendly agenda.

Edit:

I even said to her that I don't own a car and my bike is my transport, therefore she is discriminating against me. Still not interested.

Edited by NixM

Is that a cash point next to the door?

It's a keypad with 3 buttons, in case you need to reboot....

I have a wildcard so free entry if I am in a car but not if I am on my greenhouse gas emitting, fuel guzzling road bike, national parks just have an odd view on conservation. I had many choice words the the woman at the gate but she was not interested in my logical, eco friendly agenda.

Edit:

I even said to her that I don't own a car and my bike is my transport, therefore she is discriminating against me. Still not interested.

Rules according to SANParks: Cycling on the tar road is an Activity. Driving is transport.

So if you have a MTB Activity permit, you can get in for free on a bicyle. You can even put the bike on a bike rack and drive in for free.

Edited by i24

What's that saying about only mad dogs and Englishmen :eek: - lekker to catch a quick dip in the pool after though [emoji106]

attachicon.gifRide_Temp.JPG

Ouch, we're a cool misty 15deg here today. Bit of a relief

Happy Birthday to me ride...

I'm really locked into this bike..

post-24416-1447323589,4257.jpg

Pretty hot at 8am and I must say the pool after the ride was the only way I would have made it home...

post-24416-1447323705,8238.jpg

And this one will have to go onto the lift selfie thread...

post-24416-1447323740,7991.jpg

Edited by RocknRolla