• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

So by the time you're sitting under that waterfall, you've already done 200km? 

Man, I would've called it a day by then and grabbed a cold beer or 5  :thumbup:

We've been trying for 4 years now to knock off 400kms - there was no way we were going give up so early.

It was a different story at 300kms - if there'd been an easy way to get home I suspect we would have taken it!

We've been trying for 4 years now to knock off 400kms - there was no way we were going give up so early.

It was a different story at 300kms - if there'd been an easy way to get home I suspect we would have taken it!

And I was chuffed with having ridden 400k's last WEEK [emoji15]

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to know what you ate and drank

Beattbox & I have been talking about our "plan" to do something like that........but I have to be honest, the plan is mostly to wait for a day when the Southeaster is PUMPING........and then ride downwind up the West Coast for as fast and as far as we can go........and get our wives to come fetch us with the car wherever we drop dead. ;)

Constantly, from the 1st hour in I would think, your body will not allow you to go that long without knowing it is going to be fed before it runs out low

Beattbox & I have been talking about our "plan" to do something like that........but I have to be honest, the plan is mostly to wait for a day when the Southeaster is PUMPING........and then ride downwind up the West Coast for as fast and as far as we can go........and get our wives to come fetch us with the car wherever we drop dead. ;)

Thats exactly my plan. Actually ride to langebaan and get the wife there. But no one wants to do it.

Off the top off my head:

Darling: 1 litre milk, 500ml coke, refilled bottles with water

Riebeek Kasteel: 700ml coke, Babalas Burger, refilled bottles with water

Wellington: 1 litre coke, refilled bottles with water

Tweede Tol (Bainskloof): refilled bottles with water

Rawsonville: 1.5 litre coke, Miss Piggy Burger, refilled bottles with water

Padstal 20km from Villiersdorp: refilled bottles with water, Extixx gel

Villiersdorp: Fanta Grape, refilled bottles with water

Base of Franschhoek Pass: Etixx Gel

Franschoek: refilled bottles with water

Somerset West: Rehydrat, tea, tomato soup, peanut butter toast x4

(bottles weren't always empty)

How many of you joined in?

There were 3 of us, which always meant one guy was left out of the conversation. (The upside was that same guy would get to wheelsuck).

post-275-0-55185900-1487313563_thumb.jpg