• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellsend dirt compound downhill shuttle day....mixing it up with the big boys!

Nico Vink.....

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-01-13 at 18.27.36.png

I was packed and ready to come when something came up and had to babysit the kids all day. 

I knew the big boys would be there and would have loved to just see the changes they made since I last went in Oct.  Also, I have some unfinished business with that table in the pic up here.  It looks like they have spent a lot of time on the DJ's aswell.  Someone mentioned next month again.. I'll have to wait. 

Did the flow-trail show signs of wear a tear by the end of the day? 

Hellsend dirt compound downhill shuttle day....mixing it up with the big boys!

Twas a fun day out.

I was impressed with Sam Reynolds forgoing a run with the fast boys to do a run behind a little pikkie who wanted to do a run with him.

Class Act. 

I was packed and ready to come when something came up and had to babysit the kids all day. 

I knew the big boys would be there and would have loved to just see the changes they made since I last went in Oct.  Also, I have some unfinished business with that table in the pic up here.  It looks like they have spent a lot of time on the DJ's aswell.  Someone mentioned next month again.. I'll have to wait. 

Did the flow-trail show signs of wear a tear by the end of the day? 

Flow trail held up well...we rode until about 15h30....(Uncle Duane got tired :ph34r: )...only a few small marbles collecting in the bowl of second hip at the top, easily avoided....

Someone ended himself OTB just after the water reservoir....shoulder/collar bone methinks, medics were on hand all day and they got him out...heal quick whoever you were! 

That's the only section I would say needs some work, you come out of that top section quite fast and there's nothing to catch you as you pass the reservoir and that kicker there must have caught him...its a flat corner that needs a berm....there is some work going on next to the trail with some raw, unfinished, deep berms so maybe that's coming soon..

The flow trail is RAD! Some proper stuff with Euro influence for sure.....get there if you can! :clap:  :clap:

Edit...new line?

post-35907-0-57915700-1547455906_thumb.png

Edited by capediver

Twas a fun day out.

I was impressed with Sam Reynolds forgoing a run with the fast boys to do a run behind a little pikkie who wanted to do a run with him.

Class Act. 

Yip!

post-35907-0-22654300-1547455095_thumb.png

nice little wake up ride on the Monday morning.  Started cycling from the first bridge at 5:45 ....

post-110956-0-44414300-1547459800_thumb.jpg

HKGK !! WHAT did I let myself in for ....

post-110956-0-89045100-1547459839_thumb.jpg

Just a photo break, promise I wanst knackered ... not just yet ....

post-110956-0-97144800-1547459899_thumb.jpg

By now it felt like I was in some self imposed jail ...

post-110956-0-89217700-1547459924_thumb.jpg

Went past the "Droe waterval" .... did stop .... but was too knackered to even think of taking a photo ....  Got past the worst climb, climbed a bit more, and then it was time for a 5,3km DOWNHILL !!  

post-110956-0-70461000-1547459963_thumb.jpg

ZERO pedling required all the way back to the car .... just a LOT of brakes ....

post-110956-0-06307600-1547460069_thumb.jpg

NO cars on the pass !!

Saw one motorcycle.  And on the way down met up with two more cyclists.

note to self .... got to sort out my snacks for these rides.  More practice, and next time all the way to the top !!   :thumbup:  

nice little wake up ride on the Monday morning.  .........

My old stomping ground that. Still love it to bits and cannot go a year without riding it to The Top, just to know that still I can.  :thumbup:

Edited by DJR

What is the distance and elevation? I did vasbyt there in the army, so I have a score to settle, which includes stopping to enjoy the view?

Flow trail held up well...we rode until about 15h30....(Uncle Duane got tired :ph34r: )...only a few small marbles collecting in the bowl of second hip at the top, easily avoided....

Someone ended himself OTB just after the water reservoir....shoulder/collar bone methinks, medics were on hand all day and they got him out...heal quick whoever you were! 

That's the only section I would say needs some work, you come out of that top section quite fast and there's nothing to catch you as you pass the reservoir and that kicker there must have caught him...its a flat corner that needs a berm....there is some work going on next to the trail with some raw, unfinished, deep berms so maybe that's coming soon..

The flow trail is RAD! Some proper stuff with Euro influence for sure.....get there if you can! :clap:  :clap:

Edit...new line?

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-01-14 at 10.48.04.png

Nice. Its quite expensive for a day out, but If the guys keep adding trails and one gets to do 10 runs of awesome trails, I'm all for it. 

I wonder if the plact the OTB happened is the same place as where I almost had a OTB last time. Just before the Table, next to the JD's. There was a funny lip, as if there use to be a jump that was removed or something? It just popped my back wheel up when I wasn't expecting it and I hit the table very out of control. I must say, I am still gaining confidence in jumping a FS bike. When I rode a jump bike I could boost to the moon, but Its very easy to get very nose heavy on a FS, and at speed, its sh*t scary. I'll be running a Full face next time.