N Squared Distribution liquidation auction

Shebeen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, hansolo said:

Haha, the one is closer to a unicycle than an actual bicycle... How much would a swingarm and/or Switch Infinity cost?

Not the faintest idea but leme take a guess given what similar level swing arms and shocks cost 

Swing arm ( 30k - 40K ) Will be major struggle to find tho 

Switch infinity ( 10k-16k ) Think will be easy to find given that the frame is a relatively new model

That's taking into account the premium on Yeti products , i'd day a swing of 10% up or down is possible  

39 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Snip

I know I am flogging a dead horse etc etc but this is where comments on the classifieds comes in quite handy, I mean just imagine you purchase one of these frames and you take it to your lbs only to discover that you still have to fork out another 15-20k to make it rideable :blink:. I can also guarantee that the seller will not refund and will claim that it is visible in the kiekies that the frame was incomplete. 

4 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I know I am flogging a dead horse etc etc but this is where comments on the classifieds comes in quite handy, I mean just imagine you purchase one of these frames and you take it to your lbs only to discover that you still have to fork out another 15-20k to make it rideable :blink:. I can also guarantee that the seller will not refund and will claim that it is visible in the kiekies that the frame was incomplete. 

or if the charger for your electronic groupo wasn't included 🥷

I'm pretty sure I saw the missing swingarm in another lot. Maybe Mr front triangle and Mrs swingarm can get together and make something. 

The thing with these frames though is that they were stripped for a reason. Even if you fork out the +- R15k for the infinity switch and other hardware that's needed for the SB115, will there still be something else wrong? I had a look at that SB115, it has no serial numbers and was resprayed and not very well resprayed, after the respray it had been ridden for a bit and then stripped. Why?

1 hour ago, Jono said:

I'm pretty sure I saw the missing swingarm in another lot. Maybe Mr front triangle and Mrs swingarm can get together and make something. 

The thing with these frames though is that they were stripped for a reason. Even if you fork out the +- R15k for the infinity switch and other hardware that's needed for the SB115, will there still be something else wrong? I had a look at that SB115, it has no serial numbers and was resprayed and not very well resprayed, after the respray it had been ridden for a bit and then stripped. Why?

Because there's no comments in the classifieds :oops::whistling:

3 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Not the faintest idea but leme take a guess given what similar level swing arms and shocks cost 

Swing arm ( 30k - 40K ) Will be major struggle to find tho 

Switch infinity ( 10k-16k ) Think will be easy to find given that the frame is a relatively new model

That's taking into account the premium on Yeti products , i'd day a swing of 10% up or down is possible  

115 - $ 320 for the link, $ 200 for the pivot hardware cos that's also missing.

Swingarm - forget. That 4.5 is a long discontinued model. Best you can do with that front triangle is make a wall lamp.

As for the comments comments - anyone reported the ads? Would it be justified? Not everyone in teh classifieds knows the story, and not everyone is in the forum discussions. @Matt, what would you say? Maybe we can stop this dumpster fire from propagating further.

Edited by droo

2 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Based on the way individuals steer discussions on the forum, I can understand why comments in the classifieds might not be a good idea.

The seller lists an item for sale, only to receive predictions about their future, critiques of their item, remarks about overpriced events, and comments on how the roads in the SA are unsuitable for certain bike components.😆

23 minutes ago, droo said:

115 - $ 320 for the link, $ 200 for the pivot hardware cos that's also missing.

Swingarm - forget. That 4.5 is a long discontinued model. Best you can do with that front triangle is make a wall lamp.

As for the comments comments - anyone reported the ads? Would it be justified? Not everyone in teh classifieds knows the story, and not everyone is in the forum discussions. @Matt, what would you say? Maybe we can stop this dumpster fire from propagating further.

Thanks for the tag. 

I've removed the ads for now. 

My view: The frames / parts of frames may well have value to someone, BUT all the questions raised here are critical on the true condition of the frames (are they warranty frames?) and even if condition is fine as you note, the required parts may not be available (at least not new via Yeti). 

If a seller notes all of the above to fully inform a prospective buyer I don't see an issue with advertising. If they're not willing to do that they can take it elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Dappere said:

Based on the way individuals steer discussions on the forum, I can understand why comments in the classifieds might not be a good idea.

The seller lists an item for sale, only to receive predictions about their future, critiques of their item, remarks about overpriced events, and comments on how the roads in the SA are unsuitable for certain bike components.😆

Hence the report button, so the ad can be judged objectively and not by handbags at 10 paces...

10 hours ago, droo said:

Hence the report button, so the ad can be judged objectively and not by handbags at 10 paces...

you must have a handbag with a moerse long strap if you can swing at someone 2 x 10 paces away :P

12 hours ago, Hairy said:

you must have a handbag with a moerse long strap if you can swing at someone 2 x 10 paces away :P

You’d never question your mothers handbags reach but you think it’s a good idea to challenge the man who services your suspension…….??

it must be Friday 

Edited by DieselnDust

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

You’d never question your mothers handbags reach but you think it’s a good idea to challenge the man who services your suspension…….??

it must be Friday 

Hairy hasn't ridden a bike with suspension in years, he's perfectly safe from me...