Scam Alert

Yaz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

Why did you send a stranger money? I'm sorry but this is not even a scam anymore. 

Thanks for your opinion but let's appreciate the OP warning others. 

Maybe there's more context needed too, but to shame the OP is poor form.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:26 AM, karma said:

Thanks for your opinion but let's appreciate the OP warning others. 

Maybe there's more context needed too, but to shame the OP is poor form.

It is poor form but come on, it is non stop... why do people keep giving these MF's easy money. It's really irritating especially when they could have used the BikeHub pay thing. 

Edited by Andreas_187
Typo

9 minutes ago, Andreas_187 said:

It is poor form but come on, it is non stop... why do people keep giving these MF's easy money. It's really irritating especially when they could have used the BikeHub at thing. 

You are exactly one of the reasons why people can’t learn from others’ mistakes. We all make them. Yet, when someone tries to do the right thing by informing the community, they just get criticised and called stupid. This is why more people can’t learn or be enabled to see the red flags.

3 hours ago, Dappere said:

You are exactly one of the reasons why people can’t learn from others’ mistakes. We all make them. Yet, when someone tries to do the right thing by informing the community, they just get criticised and called stupid. This is why more people can’t learn or be enabled to see the red flags.

Yeah I must be honest, let’s not all throw rocks at people. The cycling community in general is a very trust based community. We all help each other out. I am in the buying and selling game of bikes and components and many times I need customers to trust me and pay me before I ship the goods to other provinces ect. This happens all the time and is sometimes more than difficult to know what a scam is or not.

14 hours ago, Yaz said:

Beware of this man Francios Grobbelaar I dealt with him on FB. He is a fraud. Bought a varia which he never sent. 

IMG-20231228-WA0033.jpg

Thanks for sharing here @Yaz 

There's a good chance that this ID is not of the actual person who scammed you but some other unwitting person they stole this ID photo from.

Could you perhaps share any additional info, e.g. how they required payment, phone number etc. ? 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

There's a good chance that this ID is not of the actual person who scammed you but some other unwitting person they stole this ID photo from.

Could you perhaps share any additional info, e.g. how they required payment, phone number etc. ? 

Hi Matt. The phone number is no longer in use. In my ignorance I paid to that number. A method I never used before. But I did it because I thought in all honestly he sent a picture with his ID it's most likely not a scam. 

IMG-20231228-WA0034.jpg

1 hour ago, Matt said:

One of the reasons I posted this is because I noticed he was selling quite a few cycling related items. Garmin pedals. Varia. Etc. 

16 minutes ago, Yaz said:

Hi Matt. The phone number is no longer in use. In my ignorance I paid to that number. A method I never used before. But I did it because I thought in all honestly he sent a picture with his ID it's most likely not a scam. 

IMG-20231228-WA0034.jpg

Unfortunately I’m noticing the eagerness/willingness to send ID/drivers Licence picture like this to prove they aren’t a scammer, is now a red flag that it is more than likely a scammer..🤦‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Yaz said:

One of the reasons I posted this is because I noticed he was selling quite a few cycling related items. Garmin pedals. Varia. Etc. 

You’ve done the right thing mate.. it can happen to any one of us.. we hope we can trust everyone but it’s just not the case.. 

i only didn’t get scammed out of R5000 because the ID picture sent to me, just like you were sent I was sure had seen in a fraudster post on this forum.. I found the post, it was the same picture and I blocked whoever had contacted me..

so thank you, this post might do the same for someone else like that..😉🤘🏻

5 hours ago, Wannabe said:

There is some really opiniated people on this forum lately. This is one of the big reasons I'm contributing a minimum, and I see most of the "old timers" has completely stopped contributing. 

Sadly so ......

LOTS of the "old regulars" have gone VERY quiet.

Was glad to see @DieselnDust active again.