Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Thats good to know. They were not painted this morning when i took photos. Hopefully it is the roadfixing team that marked it for removal.

Edit, not road crew, a caring fellow cyclist. Thank you

Edited by varkie2

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, varkie2 said:

Thats good to know. They were not painted this morning when i took photos. Hopefully it is the roadfixing team that marked it for removal

That might be it I reckon. They’ve caught me out once, ever since then I know to pay attention. Its on a roadsection that is a darker shade of asphalt, so for me, I always know its coming. But ja, if you dont ride there often, those bumps will easily catch you off guard. Its quite terrifying to think what happened.

I ride that road so often, its my go-to for base miles. Really nice wide shoulder. But you still have to be waky. And with summer fast approaching, those bloody slithery things will be just another obstacle to avoid. 

I think this was done by a fellow cyclist as an interim "early warning" sign until the relevant authorities remedy this situation (if ever)

Thank you to the kindhearted person who took time and iniative to do something.