Coffee machine

I guess the greatness of the coffee is about context.

During Dakar this year Overdrive had this beauty out early at each stop. Mounted in a carry case with another on the other end and the cups and capsules in little drawers. You can see that it has done a few rally seasons! Heaven!

post-10999-0-74424300-1484948123_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During Dakar this year Overdrive had this beauty out early at each stop. Mounted in a carry case with another on the other end and the cups and capsules in little drawers. You can see that it has done a few rally seasons! Heaven!

You need to see what 101scc's team brings along at the joberg2c... at 5am they are the most popular guys around... by several country miles..

I'm not a fan of capsules but I can see the benefit in that scenario. Small light and easy to hook up anywhere. Pretty smart.

So onward and upward with my ABID clever dripper, I can't play around with the grind as I have no grinder currently but I tried extending the brew time to 5/6 mins and now I have flavour in spades.

Very tasty, Aeropress to the back of the cupboard my old friend :D

Hey guys.

Has anyone here got a good recipe for Turkish coffee?

ping iteachcoffee, it shows Turkish coffee in a Barista Guide, How to & Instructional booklet that came with my ABID clever dripper.

Purchased a new grinder and a scale.

I have an idea that for me the coffee journey became more serious now.

Now I just need a small note book to take notes and keep track of my changes in my search for a proper cup.

Purchased a new grinder and a scale.

I have an idea that for me the coffee journey became more serious now.

Now I just need a small note book to take notes and keep track of my changes in my search for a proper cup.

I've tried to go the scale and timer route but I'm too dof to remember and weigh etc...  :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

Thumbs up to Wayne at Urban Grind in Parkhurst. I asked him to take me through his pour-over process, which confirmed some of what I have been doing for the last few months since I acquired my V60, and changed most of my dosing and timing parameters.

I'm enjoying the first cup right now. Thanks Wayne.  :thumbup:

I've tried to go the scale and timer route but I'm too dof to remember and weigh etc... :oops:

It's not about time and weight... it's about TASTE...

It's not about time and weight... it's about TASTE...

and yet @V12man taste is produced by contact time, temperature and brew ratios.... #andsowecomefullcircle  :ph34r:

and yet @V12man taste is produced by contact time, temperature and brew ratios.... #andsowecomefullcircle :ph34r:

True... but you don't have to know exactly how many grams are in the pf and the exact water temperature to get the taste right.. getting it right is the thing - so sometimes "more" or "less" than the last taste is good enough... likewise hotter or cooler... comes down to the skills and knowledge of the barista and their ability to manipulate the variables to get the right end taste result... not the record keeping and reduction of skills to a formula...

And thats not a criticism of good record keepers at all - but few things annoy me as much as people who insist that 16.345g of blend x at 201.82f generates perfect... those are the formula followers...

Not to say I get it right all the time at all - but I at least experiment to see what affects what and what I like - and have a rough idea what to change to adjust something closer to what I like if the taste is off...

Actually keeping records of every variable could just tilt my CDO over the edge.... :) and at the end of the day I do this for enjoyment- not to facilitate a psych disorder... which happens to be a real risk given my hand washing compulsion.... must be why I married a shrink... ;)

Hi Coffee Forum....

I would to get some feedback and a review on training and racing with Cold Brew Coffee (No Sugar, No Preservatives, No flavouring).  I am based in the East rand and would be happy to give a couple of samples.

Connect with me before 10th February 2017

info@spitfirecoffee.co.za

Regards,

Spitfire Coffee Co

post-108211-0-19603300-1486396984_thumb.jpg

Woolies Organic All African is right up with deluxe to being my absolute favorite!

post-8906-14866654926503.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk