Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I have a Nuova Simonelli Oscar espresso machine for sale. Have pulled less than 80 shots with it. It is in excellent condition.

Reason for sale - need the worktop space. :drool:

Price is R4k. You must collect, I live in Sandton.

Please see the photo.

PM me.

Russ.

I sent you a pm. I want!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Can always help you out if you interested..

Let me know

I will be send you a pm, as soon as he responds

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I chucked my aeropress and the little porlex in my bag as I left for a bachelors this weekend, and man I'm impressed.

I haven't used it for a year and it was lekker coffee immediately. It may have been a lucky draw to start with but I'll claim it.

I'll be using it instead of the stove top at the office from now on.

Coarse version. Been using it for years with no issues. Had sealng issues with the old AP but that was because the barrel was stuffed. The plastic had wrinkled. That's why I bought a new one.

Would reccomend an Able. Less hassle than the paper filters IMO

Which Able are you using? Fine holes? Standard holes?

Which Able are you using? Fine holes? Standard holes?

Fine is apparently the best one for flavour. Forgot why though [emoji14]

I have the fine, just make sure you rinse it immediately after each use or the oils clog up the holes and it's a pita to unblock.

Edited by Skylark

Fine is apparently the best one for flavour. Forgot why though [emoji14]

I have the fine, just make sure you rinse it immediately after each use or the oils clog up the holes and it's a pita to unblock.

The standard is better for flavour because it lets more oils through but comes at the drawback of more fine grounds getting into the coffee.

If you arent concerned about a bit of sediment then the standard is definitely the better one to get.

So I finally caved and bought an automatic for those days where I dont have time to make the proper stuff. I like the ritual of grind/tamp/pull but there isnt always time when I need some espresso in a hurry before Im out of the door.

Got one of these which just arrived so will be trying it later and hoping for a decent shot from it.

49fa7ba08298ca617c72ba892acc38bb.png

Melitta Caffeo solo which had pretty decent reviews and came in at a good price.

The standard is better for flavour because it lets more oils through but comes at the drawback of more fine grounds getting into the coffee.

If you arent concerned about a bit of sediment then the standard is definitely the better one to get.

I switched it around then, how much sediment can possibly get through, must be hardly any?

A French press lets some through and I have never had any issue with that.

So I finally caved and bought an automatic for those days where I dont have time to make the proper stuff. I like the ritual of grind/tamp/pull but there isnt always time when I need some espresso in a hurry before Im out of the door.

Got one of these which just arrived so will be trying it later and hoping for a decent shot from it.

49fa7ba08298ca617c72ba892acc38bb.png

Melitta Caffeo solo which had pretty decent reviews and came in at a good price.

My Bosch is due for replacement. How much and from where?

I switched it around then, how much sediment can possibly get through, must be hardly any?

A French press lets some through and I have never had any issue with that.

I dont think its a lot and I never bought one personally but I did read a ton of reviews about it when I was considering getting one. 

To me flavour wins so I would go for the one that produces a fuller flavour and not be upset by the sediment.

My Bosch is due for replacement. How much and from where?

I bought it from takealot on special at R6k which I feel was fairly cheap.

The machine is actually a lot better than I expected, solid construction and it produces a much better coffee than I expected.

I still need to get everything dialled in just right but out of the box it was already very good.