Coffee machine

Hi All

One of our commuters is asking RE the following coffee machine please ... your feedback would be appreciated.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-coffee-makers/gardens/saeco-talea-touch-coffee-machine/1008210564340911466517809

s-l800.jpg

s-l800.jpg

Saeco Talea Touch Coffee Machine

Description

Saeco Talea Touch LCD touch screen automatic espresso machine

Built-in grinder, Touch lift tray, Removable 1.7L water tank, 15 Bar pressure, Pannarello frothing device, Ceramic grinder, Saeco brewing system (sbs), Rapid steam.

Good condition & serviced yearly at Italian Lifestyle Cape Town

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

One of our commuters is asking RE the following coffee machine please ... your feedback would be appreciated.

https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-coffee-makers/gardens/saeco-talea-touch-coffee-machine/1008210564340911466517809

s-l800.jpg

s-l800.jpg

Saeco Talea Touch Coffee Machine

Description

Saeco Talea Touch LCD touch screen automatic espresso machine

Built-in grinder, Touch lift tray, Removable 1.7L water tank, 15 Bar pressure, Pannarello frothing device, Ceramic grinder, Saeco brewing system (sbs), Rapid steam.

Good condition & serviced yearly at Italian Lifestyle Cape Town

That Talea machine and all of them in that lineup of Saeco machines are brilliant, we bought my parents a mini and its been great! Parts and service are inexpensive and the coffee they produce are great! 

I picked these up at Cape Coffee Beans this morning.

V60 pour-over and some Legado Alberto Salazar beans.

edd89d597819d2133ea527dcc41afa92.jpg

The combo of pour over (and not a milky drink) and some really special beans blew me away with flavours that I wasn't expecting.

It's like it isn't coffee, but it's coffee.

That Talea machine and all of them in that lineup of Saeco machines are brilliant, we bought my parents a mini and its been great! Parts and service are inexpensive and the coffee they produce are great! 

I spoke to a service guy about these machines when I noticed one in the queue, he says they are bullet proof. Steel gears etc where most of the newer ones are plastic. 

Parts are still available and they last a long time.

I spoke to a service guy about these machines when I noticed one in the queue, he says they are bullet proof. Steel gears etc where most of the newer ones are plastic.

Parts are still available and they last a long time.

The one we got my dad had an issue where it would randomly go into panic mode all lights flashing! Turns out it was an inexpensive thermal probe, 2 days at my local service dude and it's been solid ever since.

Really great little machines!

If it's that dirty on the outside....

The one we got my dad had an issue where it would randomly go into panic mode all lights flashing! Turns out it was an inexpensive thermal probe, 2 days at my local service dude and it's been solid ever since.

Really great little machines!

Sounds like the reason I don't fall asleep while watching sci fi movies...

I need some thoughts on a new bean to cup machine for the office that isn't breaking any banks. Our overworked delonghi magnifica has bitten the dust and needs replacement.

Probably does around 20 coffees / cappuccinos a day.

Any thoughts?

I don't think a industrial style machine is necessary, just one that's fairly reliable to stay on all day.

Also doesn't need an employee with an inner barista. Just a "do you want decent coffee? Yes I do" button.

I need some thoughts on a new bean to cup machine for the office that isn't breaking any banks. Our overworked delonghi magnifica has bitten the dust and needs replacement.

Any thoughts?

I don't think a industrial style machine is necessary, just one that's fairly reliable to stay on all day.

Also doesn't need an employee with an inner barista. Just a "do you want decent coffee? Yes I do" button.

Look at frontier coffee. They have servciced contracts ( tax deductible) as well as outright purchase options. We have a DR Coffee machine, and it kicks ass!

Frontier’s service is also very good

Any thoughts?

Depends on your budget.

Many people will suggest a Jura of sorts.

This one @ about R15K looks like it ticks a few boxes:

https://capecoffeebeans.co.za/collections/automatic-bean-to-cup-coffee-machines-accessories/products/mythos-x1-bean-to-cup-fully-automatic-coffee-machine?variant=11602107727919

Then there is something like this Breville from @ Home for R10k:

But I don't think it has a built in milk frother for cappuccino.

https://www.home.co.za/pdp/breville-barista-express/_/A-334002AAAA1

Any thoughts?

There is a hubber who's Jura at home will be looking for a home in a week or two.... 

I will pm him to reach out to you! 

Any thoughts?

I've just upgraded (yes, I have a problem) so my Jura is up for sale:

https://za.jura.com/en/homeproducts/Machines/E8-INT-15268-Piano-Black

Jura E8, excellent condition, 2.5 years old, serviced/cleaned/descaled regularly, only used medium roast beans (so no oily dark roast that causes problems), always used filtered water as well. 

Used the milk steam attachment all of twice (we only drink Americanos at home)

New they are R22 - 24k, I'm looking for R11k.

If you add in the milk cooler (https://www.takealot.com/jura-cool-control-basic-0-6l/PLID51972816?gclid=Cj0KCQjwreT8BRDTARIsAJLI0KIeyDh0Xh8EiVBd7X--f9gkleDpRSV-wJOKqXoN-yIGRQRH85q6ensaAjJ1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds) for R2k you have a 1-touch setup for all styles of drinks.

That is a very cool machine. Super envious that I don't have one in my kitchen at home.

Thanks for the suggestions. Hopefully I can sneak one into a office necessities budget of sorts. Holding thumbs.

I know i'm taking a long shot here, but I am looking for a replacement portafilter for my Breville cafe venezia (Bes250), in particular the little insert, as well as the tool, and a 50mm tamper. I tried @home,who sells Breville, but no luck/no stock, so I am trying my luck, maybe someone has a broken machine with parts????‍♂️