Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So yesterday I had to strip and deep clean our Delonghi Prima Donna machine after a colleague decided to use Frisco in the ground coffee compartment.

Holy moly, what a mess!!!!

Frisco...

Hahaha that guy needs a raise 

Hope that person was fired on the spot!

That person is dead....... Not literally, just that nobody is willing to own up.

Frisco...

Hahaha that guy needs a raise 

The worst part is that it was filled with beans, they just never understood how the machine works. Training/common sense lacking I suppose, we have some pretty remarkable lapses in common sense though on very basic work related incidents.

The machine is here, where do I find great coffee beans ?

IMG-20201124-WA0012.jpeg

You in Durbs, so there’s a couple places I buy from. Coastal coffee roasters (Durban North), Bluebird (online or you can buy from some coffee shops) and Lineage (Hillcrest).

Just make sure you are buying freshly roasted beans.

So yesterday I had to strip and deep clean our Delonghi Prima Donna machine after a colleague decided to use Frisco in the ground coffee compartment.

Holy moly, what a mess!!!!

Had to send mine in (to the DeLonghi/Kenwood Service Centre) as it started to show “grind too fine” even when I was frothing milk. Second service in 7 years. Last one was at 3.5 years.

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in more than a year I can drink normal Coffee. Not decaf crap. Normal kick you in the nuts coffee! And with low fat milk and not nolac or easy(inde)gest(ion). Just normal tasting milk.

Have a few decaf capsules that I will finish off or save for the late night drink as I can have two cups of coffee per day.

And I placed an order for a i Cafilas Reusable Capsule from Amazon for the Nespresso machines. Might as well use a bit of the Illy cans of Coffee that I bought. Think I have some 5 cans stored.

I miss mine. Perfect set & forget machine. My Rancilio is still & hit and a miss at best of times.

Anyone selling a Breville Barista Express machine?

Edit, found one

Edited by W@nted

Finally getting the barista express dialed in. 18g of beans to around 40g of espresso, extracted in around 24s.

Many beans later, I know how espresso should not taste...

Interesting hobby this. PS. My latte art is stil way below par.