Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

36 minutes ago, MORNE said:

The first step is to admit to the problem. Congratulations. Part of these steps and the healing process though is to share images of your moments of weakness publicly. You will find strength in the vulnerability. It’s ok, this is a safe space…

here, ill start:

D90910CA-041F-48F9-A5AA-571254DA6B98.jpeg

So what is the background story about Farr if I may ask?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

This purchase was more out of necessity rather than choice after I cracked my Anthem's frame but I'm rather pleased with my decision.

Oiz.JPG

That bike deserves better than that tube taped to the seatpost. Sies man! 😁 Stunner!

I've found that when its rolled up toight and taped right above the bottom bracket its the most inconspicuous.

19 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

That bike deserves better than that tube taped to the seatpost. Sies man! 😁 Stunner!

I've found that when its rolled up toight and taped right above the bottom bracket its the most inconspicuous.

LOL... that was day 1 and I hadn't yet done a tubeliss conversion but was desperate to ride it so I made a plan. It's since been converted and the tube removed 🤙

2 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

nothing really noteworthy.

kinda like this bike haha. ------ "oops I did it again👯‍♀️

The story is in the farr gravel frame thread i guess, not worth rehashing it everywhere. Shame they don't really deserve that. Just that they are now FAR away in oz and basically non existent locally. Some poor service/products and maybe some questionable ethics in the big scheme of things in some's view.  

Nothing too serious. It definitely doesnt warrant pitchforks and burning witches on a friday. 

unless you guys are keen for a braai?

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Locally developed brand.

Did WELL, and gained a good bit of market share.  Family expanded into various different cycling businesses.

Few years back they shipped themselves and their manufacturing to Australia  ....

Couple of the distribution entities remained ... understandably went through a few teething issues.  Nothing serious.

The "fun" started when locals started struggling to get FARR products that were out of stock in SA ..... low volume imports did not make financial sense ....

The "FUN" started when old stock frames were sold off .... and the new owners needed some bits to get the bikes running, and then found the odd part was out of stock .....

Life moved on.

2 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Locally developed brand.

Did WELL, and gained a good bit of market share.  Family expanded into various different cycling businesses.

Few years back they shipped themselves and their manufacturing to Australia  ....

Couple of the distribution entities remained ... understandably went through a few teething issues.  Nothing serious.

The "fun" started when locals started struggling to get FARR products that were out of stock in SA ..... low volume imports did not make financial sense ....

The "FUN" started when old stock frames were sold off .... and the new owners needed some bits to get the bikes running, and then found the odd part was out of stock .....

Life moved on.

Unfortunate but it happens I suppose. Perhaps a bit of envy that they made their money and moved?
Its like being mad at the industry for killing off 26ers.......

10 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

This purchase was more out of necessity rather than choice after I cracked my Anthem's frame but I'm rather pleased with my decision.

Oiz.JPG

Awesome; welcome to the Orbea club; absolutely love my OIZ

Edited by ACM
Spelling

13 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Oiz.JPG

You chose well!!

13 hours ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Oiz.JPG

Stunning bike. Specs and weight pls.