Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look cool but I had so many issues with mine they were sold within a month or 2.

The circlip that holds all the levers innards in place just would not stay put. Any hard braking and out she popped. Brakes are quite important to me.......

Ya dude, sorry hut that just sounds remarkably dodge, you buy a pair of Shimano top of the line brake sets, which are dak expensive, have what is clearly a manufacturer fault in a short space of time and instead of returning it to the shop to get it replaced under warrenty, you opted to rather sell a known defective product on to someone else.

There is no way I am gonna flogg off a set of brakes worth near on 10k because of a manufacturer fault, that will be replaced no questions asked.

Ya dude, sorry hut that just sounds remarkably dodge, you buy a pair of Shimano top of the line brake sets, which are dak expensive, have what is clearly a manufacturer fault in a short space of time and instead of returning it to the shop to get it replaced under warrenty, you opted to rather sell a known defective product on to someone else.

There is no way I am gonna flogg off a set of brakes worth near on 10k because of a manufacturer fault, that will be replaced no questions asked.

They were bought used, as is, but looked new. Should have mentioned that I suppose. It was 2 years ago now though........

So you learn, school fee's hey.

I sold them on, with full disclosure on the fault, for less than I paid. I bought a set of SLX brakes and honestly felt zero difference as far as power and feel went. Only difference was the lever adjustment which XTR has and SLX doesn't.

They were bought used, as is, but looked new. Should have mentioned that I suppose. It was 2 years ago now though........

So you learn, school fee's hey.

I sold them on, with full disclosure on the fault, for less than I paid. I bought a set of SLX brakes and honestly felt zero difference as far as power and feel went. Only difference was the lever adjustment which XTR has and SLX doesn't.

OK ya, dodgy seller then, and I can imagine you'd never know about that issue until using it.

Mine are brand new out of the box, have not tried lever adjustment, just found out about it last night.

What I did notice from the SLX was braking control felt more in control it was like a volume button, but with the X.5s in between. Cannot comment on raw dead stopping power, never yank my brakes that hard.

for 10k I'd rather get trickstuff :D

Very nice, although the 7 month delivery time is a bit extreme, and I got these at a good deal, 6k with installation.

Geez. For 6k you could have bought some sick hope brakes. Ive gone the shitmano route for the last four years. Stop when you pull. No real modulation if you compare it to hope/trp/code. Eventually listened to some of my mouthy friends. I should have bought hopes long ago. Also. Any colour you want... Except green.