Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get that from? I believe that might have been mine once upon a time.

it was that one Robert frost was selling. did your frame have clear vinyl all over it?

I just got a frame and slapped all my nice parts on.

it was that one Robert frost was selling. did your frame have clear vinyl all over it?

I just got a frame and slapped all my nice parts on.

I sold mine to a woman in JHB. Mine was a 2015. There were 4 brought in and mine was the only WC edition but they were all replaced under warranty due to the linkage hitting the top tube and making a god aweful noise on bottom out. All 4 frames were replaced with WC edition frames. But mine was the only one with the WC build kit.

It's certainly a LOT better than the KTM you had/have. The only criticism I had of mine was the pedal kickback was pretty bad on really rough tracks but that won't be a problem in SA.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I sold mine to a woman in JHB. Mine was a 2015. There were 4 brought in and mine was the only WC edition but they were all replaced under warranty due to the linkage hitting the top tube and making a god aweful noise on bottom out. All 4 frames were replaced with WC edition frames. But mine was the only one with the WC build kit.

It's certainly a LOT better than the KTM you had/have. The only criticism I had of mine was the pedal kickback was pretty bad on really rough tracks but that won't be a problem in SA.

She called Niki by any chance ? the frame might have gone full circle now :D

She called Niki by any chance ? the frame might have gone full circle now :D

Yes that's it. Niki Alvin if I remember correctly. I still have the original frame on my wall at home.

Seen here it it's natural habitat.

post-83454-0-13321300-1576063024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duane_Bosch

That's intresting to know.

What year were they replaced in?

Gt is sooo stiff and snappy and short in the rear...unlike the ktm. I prefer the agressive rear end and how progressive it is. Tokai wasn't bumpy enough to notice kickback, even under braking... I'll see how it does at hellsend on sunday

Almost here...Santa's coming to town  :D

Santa came early this year!

A new bike doesn't count unless photographed on the sofa...I now need a bigger sofa :eek:

If you don't know about Paul Koekemoer on the East Rand, you missing one amazing bike builder/repair shop with a passion for bikes.

Thanks Paul for the build and sharing the excitement of a new bike.

post-47220-0-41216200-1576133772_thumb.jpeg

So cool to see the trip the frame has made and that it's still going full power.

Well...... The one I sold to Niki was the warranty frame. The one in that pic is on my wall at home. 

That's intresting to know.

What year were they replaced in?

Gt is sooo stiff and snappy and short in the rear...unlike the ktm. I prefer the agressive rear end and how progressive it is. Tokai wasn't bumpy enough to notice kickback, even under braking... I'll see how it does at hellsend on sunday

The original was a 2015. The warranty frames were 2016 IIRC. They brought 4 in. Mine was the only WC "this is the exact bike the Athertons ride" version. But the only difference was the build kit. The frames between the versions were all exactly the same.

They were all replaced with WC frames under warranty cos of the bottom out klank noise from the linkage.

I doubt you'll find a trail in SA that will give you noticeable kickback. I only noticed it on the roughest stuff in France. It's a great bike. Super stiff.

post-83454-0-44019800-1576136983_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duane_Bosch

The original was a 2015. The warranty frames were 2016 IIRC. They brought 4 in. Mine was the only WC "this is the exact bike the Athertons ride" version. But the only difference was the build kit. The frames between the versions were all exactly the same.

They were all replaced with WC frames under warranty cos of the bottom out klank noise from the linkage.

I doubt you'll find a trail in SA that will give you noticeable kickback. I only noticed it on the roughest stuff in France. It's a great bike. Super stiff.

attachicon.gif11825591_10153174911146785_8532683576954890872_n.jpg

Every time I see your name pop up in this thread I am expecting your post to be a pic of a new car......

Every time I see your name pop up in this thread I am expecting your post to be a pic of a new car......

Not gonna happen. Sorry. The nice folk at Ford are offering such ridiculous discounts on new Rangers that I can't get anywhere near trade for mine right now.

Not gonna happen. Sorry. The nice folk at Ford are offering such ridiculous discounts on new Rangers that I can't get anywhere near trade for mine right now.

It's a sign. A double cab is the best option!!!!!!!

It's a sign. A double cab is the best option!!!!!!!

We did a road trip on the weekend. I fell in love with the big girl again. Purring along at 120. Driving over montague pass in the bucketing rain.

She's even getting a Valet today.

Edited by Duane_Bosch