Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cellphone upgrade time. No more Garmin connect issues here.

e419aa2037d1e5bfe68193a202849a8a.jpg

Please tell more ....

Take it this is "just" a phone. None of the WhatApps and other social media smart phone stuff ?

I currently use an old phone when cycling .... this may be an option ...

Please tell more ....

Take it this is "just" a phone. None of the WhatApps and other social media smart phone stuff ?

I currently use an old phone when cycling .... this may be an option ...

Dual Sim, has bluetooth too if you want.

I bought it as an emergency phone to tuck away on my body somewhere when I commute. Should I get mugged they will more than likely want the smart phone, this way I atleast have a way to contact help.

Onedayonly had them for around R250, I ordered 2, 1 will serve as an emergency phone in the house.

Cellphone upgrade time. No more Garmin connect issues here.

e419aa2037d1e5bfe68193a202849a8a.jpg

Please feedback how it goes I saw that offer as well. Looks a great option for riding and you can get them online from other places from about R250 still so could be a great option. 

Please feedback how it goes I saw that offer as well. Looks a great option for riding and you can get them online from other places from about R250 still so could be a great option.

Don't know if it's common knowledge but if it's pay-as-you-go and no calls or sms's every 3 months from that prepaid simcard it deactivates. Data usage doesn't count. Just a headsup so not to get caught off guard when in need. Just did the same with an old phone and the sales person enlightened us

Don't know if it's common knowledge but if it's pay-as-you-go and no calls or sms's every 3 months from that prepaid simcard it deactivates. Data usage doesn't count. Just a headsup so not to get caught off guard when in need. Just did the same with an old phone and the sales person enlightened us

MTN has a shorter period.

I think they said at least one outgoing call per month.

I have lost airtime twice .... :(

I know have a reminder to call at least every two weeks .... litterally a few seconds only.

The fun we encounter when using an old phone exclusively when cycling ...

Shameless plug as well as sad boast.

I've been using Shimano S-Phyre RC9s for a while now and without fail my duck-feet hurt every time I ride. So I took the plunge and ordered some extra wide shoes the beginning of lockdown. Tried to get matchy matchy with the blue on my tri-bike. Waited what felt like my whole life for them to arrive .. and they're a size too small. I'm absolutely gutted.

post-90313-0-31157900-1596006935_thumb.jpg

(They're for sale now if anyone wants them)

Where did you get the graphics? Price?

Please also feedback in the Debonair springs once you have had a chance to ride them

All parts and graphics sourced from Trailwolf cycles in PTA. Speak with Ruan, he will hook you up.

So, I did the fitment yesterday, which was combined with a lower leg service and new foam rings. I went from 89PSI for 25% sag to 83.5PSi for 20% sag for my 76kg kitted weight. This is on a 130mm Pike Ultimate. Overall the bike felt a bit firmer, but in a good way. I went for a ride this morning on a koppie local to me. It has a steep climb and descent, which is pretty rocky and takes about 2 minutes to descend on if you are going for it. The flatter part is pretty rough as well with lots of rocks and knots of grass. My original settings were:

Rebound - 10 open from full closed

HSC - 4 open from full closed

LSC - 12 open from full closed

2 bottomless tokens

Around half way into the ride it felt a bit harsh on the flat stuff, so I opened up LSC 2 clicks and closed HSC 1 click. This instantly smoothed out the buzz from the trail that was coming back through the bars. I hit the downhill and I had plenty of grip and loads of plush support. I knocked 15 seconds off my best time on a 2 minute descent, so I'd say I was confident and comfortable. I still have 2cm of unused travel, so I'll be taking out one spacer. based on this, I'd say buy the spring, fit it and be happy.

Final settings

83.5PSI

Rebound - 10 open from full closed

HSC - 3 open from full closed

LSC - 14 open from full closed

2 bottomless tokens

Message me if you want anymore feedback  :thumbup:

Edited by the_bob