where is this at now?

i rode home from langebaan the other day and don't remember it at all

it's along the beach road between Melkbos and Big Bay

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so here is one to debate, maybe we can save the debate for friday though, but if motorcycles are not allowed in cycle lanes, are e-bikes? and at which stage is the crossover

so here is one to debate, maybe we can save the debate for friday though, but if motorcycles are not allowed in cycle lanes, are e-bikes? and at which stage is the crossover

recon if we follow the EU rules & reg's for controlled motors I recon I am ok with the e-bikes on the lanes.

http://www.bike-eu.com/laws-regulations/nieuws/2016/1/new-type-approval-for-speed-e-bikes-now-effective-10125384

Just when the bloody idiots on the Greyp G12S bikes who ride at really stupidly fast speeds on the cycle lanes that it becomes a issue ... and if a kid is fortunate enough to have a parent buy this for them, they are essentially riding a motorbike without a license or the know how of how to navigate the roads safely https://youtu.be/ZaYz0QwzZQw

See this every Saturday and Sunday morning between Lakeside and Cape Point.

Big bunches of "pro" riders racing into Kalk Bay :w00t: while I enjoy my flat white at Bootleggers or Salt (nice spot to have coffee - R10 before 09h00)

This......

I helped man a waterpoint for the Peninsula Marathon and I was ashamed to call myself a cyclist. Big groups enjoying the partial road closure but forcing the runners who the road was managed for to the side. It was shocking. Some even hurling abuse because runners got in their way...........

Sad.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

This morning the pro's decided not to venture out into the fresh South Easterly wind .... their loss, was a lovely day to be on the bike.

Except for punctures!!!!

Sorry thats retarded the more cycle lanes they can build the better, if you want to train find rural road with a shoulder and go train there. Urban roads are for commuting and cycle lanes are there to ensure people can commute safely.

how is that retarded? london is littered with cycling lanes yet youtube is riddled with cyclists riding in the far right passing lane.

edit: how did i get sucked into this necro'd thread?

Edited by Dirkitect

Except for punctures!!!!

one of our riders had one of those ... he fell off the back without telling anyone, so some of us had to turn back later to see where he was, and then cycle back into the wind again

This morning the pro's decided not to venture out into the fresh South Easterly wind .... their loss, was a lovely day to be on the bike.

I was one of those (although decidedly non-pro) who decided not to venture out. Caught the Rondebosch (school) Express rather. Otherwise known as mom's taxi.

Brought my bike along in the car though and will sail home on the S Easter. 40 minutes Paarden Eiland to Melkbos

Edited by MTBeer

Brace yourselves, long long story(well maybe) but not cycling related.

So yesterday, I get a call, I must move my car, Why? cause I am parked in the road, WTF???

I decide  stuff it and I dont bother, then a few hours later metro police is looking for me. I have a nice discussion with Constable Dutoit, who cant tell me why I cannot park where I parked, but instead tells me about how one should park in a parking bay, which I agree with and its the law, but here is no demarcated parking bays. So whats the issue? Anyway an even longer story and a few minutes later, I get told to move my van or I would get a fine, so I question this and ask what about the other 30 cars parked in the street and the illegally parked trucks on the pavement. He tells me One issue at a time. So I ask him when I move my vehicle, will he address this issue and he say yes. 

I move my van and he stands waiting for me to go back in the building, and He asks me is there anything else? and I say can you please not double park you obstructing traffic and here is an empty space out of the road.He says he is allowed to cause he is executing his duties(LOL). I ask when is he addressing my complaint so he pulls out his ticket book, writes up 2 tickets - the one for a vehicle parked 2 cars behind where I was standing, R1000????? Apparently parked over a driveway, but the car was not. 

The second for a vehicle parked in between my car and the other R500, interesting bit is this car had no license disk and was parked facing the wrong way.

He then chats to the owner of the trucks for about 10min, no fines, shakes hands and leaves.

I have subsequently sent pictures to the traffic department - no response

City if Cape Town - no response as usual and I am really starting to doubt this "City works for You" slogan and think its total BS.

Patricia DeLilles office so far responded to me twice.

I am still abit upset about this while thing, hence me ranting in here. Sorry for the hijack but I though its kinda appropriate cause the guys that should be upholding the law dont even know the law!!

As far as I know as per the parking law, one can park in the street as long as its 5 m wide cause then you dont obstruct any traffic. It only illegal if there is a fire hydrant, no parking sign, yellow or red line etc unless otherwise stated with a sign.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know when the link between Melkbosstrand and Big Bay is scheduled for completion?

It seems to be taking a long time to finish. Or have they run out of funds? 

City of Cape Town - no response as usual and I am really starting to doubt this "City works for You" slogan and think its total BS.

small hijack addition on  ....

City slogan has now been changed (a while back) to “Making Progress Possible. Together”.

This is why YOU are also part of the reason there is no water ......lol

small hijack off .... ^_^

Street lights out from Lower Church Street bridge to the otherside of the bridge near the Marine Dr link.Luckily I was on that section before the buses started and could use the buslane.