The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

So while lying in hospital in 2019, Froomey wins the 2011 Vuelta. Chuck Norris must be jealous.

You cant make this sh&**%t up, think its a great get well soon card especially as he arguably only lost due to poor team management of him and Wiggo.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You cant make this sh&**%t up, think its a great get well soon card especially as he arguably only lost due to poor team management of him and Wiggo.

Also becomes the first Briton to win a Grand Tour. Bradley must be pleased for him :D

Edited by 100Tours

Aaaah m\n what *** news to hear or read about, really was looking forward to the tdf as he was starting to show some great form.

Haven’t seen the crash so can only speculate. But the was a video from a few minutes before the crash. Full TT bike and the wind was BLOWING. Looks like they were finishing their ride. Suppose an extra challenge these guys deal with when checking out the course and needing ride on what might not be ideal roads etc on bikes that don’t handle great.

But yeah, he does tend to fall off more than others!

Wishing Chris a expeditious recovery and fondest thoughts and wishes to all his family, hard to believe his racing career might be over :o

Just the other day he was klapping Cobo at the Vuelta, if he wasn't being held back to support Brad he would have taken it fair & square anyway.

Post of the day  :thumbup:

Chuck would be jealous but the Froome powers seemed to backfire when he blew his nose, and himself, right off his bike. Wishing him a speedy recovery; twas a bad one.

I’ve read that Dan Martin saw the collision and is still in shock after witnessing it.

Eina ????

Edited by 'Dale

BBC now reporting a fractured neck and 6 weeks in hospital

Britain's Chris Froome suffered a fracture to his neck in Wednesday's serious crash, scans have shown.

The four-time Tour de France champion faces six weeks in hospital and is not expected to compete again this year.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/48646238

I see an epic come back story / book / film in the making

Godspeed Froomie

Britain's Chris Froome suffered a fracture to his neck in Wednesday's serious crash, scans have shown.

The four-time Tour de France champion faces six weeks in hospital and is not expected to compete again this year.

Godspeed Froomie

Yoh.. he really did a number on himself..

Long road ahead, but all the best to him, will be a tough road but one thing he will have is the best possible medical care and a very good support system.

Godspeed Froomie

Very sadly, those are the type of injuries that often means the end of a career, even if he recovers, to what would be 100% for us mere mortals, it might not be what is essential for someone aiming for the podium. Like I said above, I really feel for the guy.

He lost 2l of blood in that accident - serious stuff. Luckily medical help was close at hand. 

That alone means that he's lucky to be alive.