Oops I did it again, cracked frame. (and again)

Rouxenator

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the warranty, 30 000km?

Lifetime I think - if you are the 1st owner.

Coincidentally this past week I forked out R5k for a coil pack for my car when it was 30 days out of it's 5 year warranty. 

Lifetime I think - if you are the 1st owner.

Coincidentally this past week I forked out R5k for a coil pack for my car when it was 30 days out of it's 5 year warranty. 

Ow on that coil pack.,...what car is it?

Ow on that coil pack.,...what car is it?

2015 Opel Astra 1.6t cosmo. It's a known Opel issue, my 2010 Corsa went through two coilpack in the 6 years I had it. Included in that R5k was NGK Platinum spark plugs though. 

That chainring must chow chains for breakfast.

It's been on since last year April when I upgraded to 11 speed. Still same cassette/chain/RD/chainring.

I should have replaced it after it broke in the pouring rain on last years K2C but I figured I'll see how far I can take it. I just removed the broken links on K2C so the chain was a bit shorted. In May it broke again and this time I added a 10-speed link. 

Strange you should mention those, apart from Signal I have dealt with Titan, current have a Sunrace 10sp Cassette on my 26er (had 8 ~11 speed cassettes of them before) and when I took my roadbike to 1x9 I used Microshift shifters on it. All good products in my books. I'd love a Signal bike though.

Just dropped off the Mavic 29er wheel at the LBS, the lip seal is noisy. Once I get it back it'll go back on the cracked Sola and, as per usual, I'll see how far I can take it. 

I wanted to see how far my Silverback Sola 1 will go - turns out 31,000km which is more than 3 times I got out of any of my other bikes.

Will probably keep riding it till it breaks off completely then switch to my 26er.

attachicon.gifIMG_20200801_190607.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20200801_182441.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20200801_182502.jpg

***disclaimer***

I'm not sure how much force a driveside chainstay will take, but when it breaks the whole back wheel will come apart somehow and somewhere.

this can be anything between a slow crawl to a stop to a massive wipeout. best case scenario is you walk home with a broken bike. worst case is you break wheel, components and bodyparts.

Willingly riding that bike until it breaks is idiotic. whatever you save by ekeing out a further 1000, 2000, 5000km is not worth it.

either fix it, or get a replacement frame.

***i know I'm talking to a brickwall here, this is just my Told you So post.

Yeah, I must admit I also think it is a very stupid idea... so I am still contemplating if I should do it. 

Might wrap it in duct tape to soften the blow  :whistling: ?

I don't want to mess up the nice Mavic wheel that is getting fixed now. Or mess up me, as you pointed out.

That said I do recall the time when I was riding Porcupine Ridge MTB in 2016 and 5km into the race this happened : 

post-38519-0-56460700-1596445836_thumb.jpg

Knowing what lied ahead, with that hellish down hill at the end, I looked at my options. I could ride back and quit - smart, or I could push on and possibly have the bike fold open emasculating me - dumb.

Ima just leave this here..... :devil:

post-38519-0-67418400-1596446118_thumb.gif

Edited by Rouxenator

Can`t some one with connection in the bike industry put a few brands on this guy, forget about McGyver, Vinnie, Chuck even Arnold, Rouxenator will survive them all. 

If I recall it is flats and takkies?

More traction than a pimp Signal at Epic or dealer visit`s in the Platteland.

Ps. I Trust you are healthy, but do not value your life as much, candidate for life policy?

Edited by DJuice