2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

No puncture then for Kittel, just no legs to contest the sprint:

"I lost a lot of energy in the crosswinds. We could not react as a team any more. That's not criticism at all, we just didn't have the control of the race any more," he said. "It was not good, but in the end, sometimes it's good to have those moments in the race or in a stage, where you end up at a point that you did not want to be. You can find those mistakes and do it better next time."

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'Dale just lost his position as the Lantern Rouge, and you wanted to call it a day

Thanx for not accepting my resignation, Gerald'

It's been a tough few days.

WHOOHOO!!

post-12015-0-67620600-1405017285_thumb.jpg

Marcel Kit Kat's leadout John Degenkolb is a bit tattered, crashing twice today:

"Importantly for Kittel, he lost one of his main men with more than 20 kilometres from the finish. John Degenkolb has been doing a sterling job for Kittel, leading him out to two of his three victories. After finishing second at Paris-Roubaix earlier this season, Degenkolb was tipped as a potential victor. However, he crashed twice during the stage and injured his gluteus maximus."

http://www.cyclingne...-france-stage-6

Edited by kosmonooit

My 2C on the Froome,

Ok to start I'm built like him 188cm and 60kg on a good day^_^. Now I have taken a few spills on the tar at +45kph and it's not fun smashing bones to tar. Now take into account, that Froome after the 3rd crash is in extreme pain as crashing on a bruised bone is one of the most painful experiences of my life. He would have had to chase back to the bunch 3mins ahead. Probably crash again on the cobbles or loose huge time being extra cearful. had crashed on both sides of his body so sleeping is not going to be easy and thus he won't be able to recover and perform as needed. Has a possible fracture in his wrist.

Now taking all this in to account he could have possibly continued and maybe won a stage later in the tour but the win was out of the question imo. winning stages is not what he is there for or getting paid for so instead of continuing and maybe having a season or career ending crash in order to prove he is a super tough rider, rather cut your losses and fight another day.

"I was right there when Froome went down. He slid about 50 yards. I'm not surprise he climbed off...He caught a little crack in the road. There was road furniture on the left and he got caught in the crack and it took his front wheel. It was nothing he could do about it. It wasn't about experience or lack of bike handling skills. It was just very slippery and he got caught in the gap and went down. It could have happened to any rider."

Horner, witness to Froome Dawg's crash

Roll call of the withdrawals today

117 RICHEZE Ariel Maximiliano LAM DNS

33 HERNANDEZ BLAZQUEZ Jesus Alberto TCS withdrawal

26 SILIN Egor KAT withdrawal

9 ZANDIO ECHAIDE Xabier SKY withdrawal

Watched some TdF at Handlebar this morning.Glad I don't have to ride on those muddy cobbles/narrow roads.Eina waiting to happen.

Chris Froome will now target the Vuelta a Espana after crashing out of the Tour de France, his Team Sky manager Dave Brailsford said.

Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/07/news/froome-eyes-vuelta-british-cycling-suffers-following-uk-grand-depart_335498#kqLOAWjdM1MRWPGo.99

The Froome vs Quintana speel will liven up the end of season grand tour for sure