Dopers suck

fandacious

On 5/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

On the field, playing, is probably the safest place to be !😁

Meanwhile, in the wild west, playing u/20 rugby against Randfontein or such in the early 80s, laaities would run up and down the touchline shouting, 'moer hom Pa'

Edited by eddy
Spelling

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, tjommies3 said:

On the one hand yes, but on the other, a real man doesn't dope.

That's true. 

On 5/20/2023 at 3:00 PM, Adam2007 said:

I have major respect for this guy. He made a flaw, but stood up and apologized. That is what a real man does.

He wouldn't have apologized if he didn't get caught. And claiming to only start doping after a break out season and winning lots of prize money is BS. 

He is dishonest. No amount of apologies will change that. 

6 minutes ago, PhilipV said:

He wouldn't have apologized if he didn't get caught. And claiming to only start doping after a break out season and winning lots of prize money is BS. 

He is dishonest. No amount of apologies will change that. 

Well to dope and then apologise without being caught must be fairly dumb and pointless?

I don't know/care if its the absolute truth or not but I can see the logic of an athlete that only start doping / taking shortcuts when his previously successful career takes a dip because of injuries/illness/old age.

Makes more sense to me than the standard hub logic that anyone caught doping has constantly been doping all his life.

On 4/20/2023 at 2:46 PM, Frosty said:

Dr Ross Tucker spoke about this in a podcast or two back. Primary school kids born in the same year, but physically different due to being born in different months, eg. January vs December of the same year. No so much cheating, but just unfair to the kids that are less developed. They miss out on opportunities, and generally lose interest.

Another scenario is when parents “push” their kids to do better, at the expense of enjoyment. Could that result in going down the performance enhancing pathway to try keep up?

Also raised in Malcolm Gladwell's - Outliers (kids born earlier in the year are stronger than those born later in the year)

31 minutes ago, WR 1.0 said:

Also raised in Malcolm Gladwell's - Outliers (kids born earlier in the year are stronger than those born later in the year)

Gladwell was the 1st to identify it, then everyone else took note. 

37 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Well to dope and then apologise without being caught must be fairly dumb and pointless?

I don't know/care if its the absolute truth or not but I can see the logic of an athlete that only start doping / taking shortcuts when his previously successful career takes a dip because of injuries/illness/old age.

Makes more sense to me than the standard hub logic that anyone caught doping has constantly been doping all his life.

Doping his whole life, probably not. 

But he has just had the most successful season of his life, coming to the fore to win big. A bit different to an aging, I'll or injured athlete trying to regain previous form.

52 minutes ago, WR 1.0 said:

I noticed the same as a pikkie born in August in grade 1 (long time ago), I noticed the same. Gladwell got around to publishing it first...

1 hour ago, WR 1.0 said:

I have no idea who Malcolm Gladwell is. After a Google search, I still don't know 😊

simone halep currently serving (and fighting a doping violation) just got red flagged for another alledged doping offence from another sample taken at a different date.

• 1 month later...

When jumbo says that ving had 4 blood tests administered in the 24 hours around the time trial do we know what those tests measure? Are they substance screens? Haemocrit levels. Is this info public?

On 5/23/2023 at 2:12 PM, WR 1.0 said:

Being a November kid, it's no wonder I can hardly get out of bed in the morning!

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

When jumbo says that ving had 4 blood tests administered in the 24 hours around the time trial do we know what those tests measure? Are they substance screens? Haemocrit levels. Is this info public?

Usually that’s for biological passport purposes