Anyone using Zwift?

I don't care what new features they bring, if they up the price any further, my wife and I are out.. prices already went up considerably because of weak Rond vs dollar. Only reason I'd stay if they decide on increased prices, will be for a family package and a discounted yearly subscription instead of monthly subscriptions.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what new features they bring, if they up the price any further, my wife and I are out.. prices already went up considerably because of weak Rond vs dollar. Only reason I'd stay if they decide on increased prices, will be for a family package and a discounted yearly subscription instead of monthly subscriptions.

I've cancelled mine already

with WFH i can ride later and outside.

I don't see a family package coming out anytime soon, as it has been requested for a long time and with nothing happening 

I also think it's very expensive, and honestly don't use it often enough at all. Admittedly I only got my smart trainer during level 3 lockdown. 

Having said that, should we go back to a stage 5 or 4 lockdown, I'd likely consider it money well spent.

Also, still haven't had the benefit with the Cape Doctor gusting in the summer months.  

When is the price going up ?

I dont recall getting any emails from them about this ....

As said before .... summer is around the corner, so I dont "need" it at this stage. 

When is the price going up ?

I dont recall getting any emails from them about this ....

As said before .... summer is around the corner, so I dont "need" it at this stage.

It has gone up already

It's called Covid-19 managed by an incompetent government aka usd exchange rate

It has gone up already

It's called Covid-19 managed by an incompetent government aka usd exchange rate

the exchange rate fluctuations is "okay" ....  :wacko:   :ph34r:

Some of the posts referred to a higher monthly USD rate..... When is this happening ?

Zwift won't appeal to everyone and very few will use all the functionality.

As for me, I love zwift. I love the group rides, meetups and the racing. I also enjoy having all my training peaks workouts synced and ready to load.

the exchange rate fluctuations is "okay" ....  :wacko:   :ph34r:

Some of the posts referred to a higher monthly USD rate..... When is this happening ?

It's not clear yet. They sent a survey to some users, with a whole bunch of random scenarios, to try and figure out what features people find most valuable and would be willing to pay more for.

Some of those made-up scenarios had prices a lot higher than the current price.

It's not clear yet. They sent a survey to some users, with a whole bunch of random scenarios, to try and figure out what features people find most valuable and would be willing to pay more for.

Some of those made-up scenarios had prices a lot higher than the current price.

Okay, thanks.

With any luck they may offer different packages ....

Many only use the ride along functions ...

Others mostly do training ....

Then those doing group rides ....

Now will those using "all the functions" be willing to pay more ....

Also, will those only using "one function" be able to buy a cheaper package ....

PS - parents can get free logins for their kids under 16 :)

Do you think with the possible price hike we will finally get the most complex code Zwift change ever had to tackle and overcome? It is called showing your average speed when riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is apprently impossible to achieve, way to difficult to develop and is seemingly a requirement NOBODY actually wants!! Sorry but I lost my love for Zwift a long time ago. I again tried it for two months during lockdown and yeah still the same routes same everything. Did the meetups all of it. It is cool but man doing the same routes over and over and over again just gets too much after a while.

Do you think with the possible price hike we will finally get the most complex code Zwift change ever had to tackle and overcome? It is called showing your average speed when riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is apprently impossible to achieve, way to difficult to develop and is seemingly a requirement NOBODY actually wants!! Sorry but I lost my love for Zwift a long time ago. I again tried it for two months during lockdown and yeah still the same routes same everything. Did the meetups all of it. It is cool but man doing the same routes over and over and over again just gets too much after a while.

3 worlds at anytime with multiple routes on each, how do you ride the same route over and over again ?

And Zwift average speed isn't accurate in comparison to real world at all so why bother about that ?

If you don't like it, don't use it.

3 worlds at anytime with multiple routes on each, how do you ride the same route over and over again ?

And Zwift average speed isn't accurate in comparison to real world at all so why bother about that ?

Let me rephrase: Some of the worlds are really small..so when wanting to do say 40km+ there aren't many options except repeating stuff. Also, if you do not want to focus on climbing and say do a flat-ish route options get even less. Obviously you can ride 40km+ flat-ish routes everyday..you will just end up repeating the same routes over and over again. No arguing in that. But of that is not a problem for people...by all means go for it. Zwift wouldn't have thousands of people riding at the same time if this issue was such a problem. It is just my opinion.

Yup..that's why I cancelled. Just giving my personal opinion here. Surely nothing wrong with that :-)

Another opinion (don't shoot me)...if average speed is such a non issue why are hundreds and hundreds of people asking for it on every possible Zwift forum there is. Personally whether it is accurate or not is totally irrelevant. I would like to have it as just one way of a personal benchmark of how hard I ride. Is it really that difficult to add?