Tumbles in spot of bother

Spinnekop

I haven't said anything till now because I don't know Tumbles personally and quite frankly I am at loss for words. He has always been one of the few members on here who's posts I loved reading. Whatever he says is either concise or filled with satire. I hope he makes a speedy recovery so he can come back with a good story and a few puns for good measure.

Heal up my bru...

I could not have said it any better.

Heal up completely TW.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't said anything till now because I don't know Tumbles personally and quite frankly I am at loss for words. He has always been one of the few members on here who's posts I loved reading. Whatever he says is either concise or filled with satire. I hope he makes a speedy recovery so he can come back with a good story and a few puns for good measure.

Heal up my bru...

I don't actually know what to say either. I have not met Tumbles, but am quite disturbed by this event and its consequences.

If you dont mind P_S, I am going to echo your sentiments above.

This was from yesterday. Missed it, for some reason

The update on Barry McCallum will not be as detailed today. I have yet to speak to the doctor and am loathe to give out details until I do.

He had his "clean-up" operation, his second operation since he was admitted on Monday. My mother was there when he came back and said she had been told it went well. Work meant I could not go through to the east. Being unemployed means I have to write as much as I can. The ICU staff told us we would not be able to communicate with Barry, that he would be doped up all day and unable to speak. They gave us a day off. A terrible thing to say, but, Christ, I needed it. The boys took the time to visit friends from school. I worked at home and watched people trim huge trees in my garden in the rain. Life moves on. Barry moves with it. He would have told us to enjoy ourselves, but just to leave some smokes and a coke and a straw. His throat is dry. He cannot speak. He has a ******* big tube down his throat. I cannot think of anything worse. It haunts me. Hopefully it will be out by the weekend, when he can swallow.

I told my mother we had been told not to visit today, but her memory is wonky these days, and she went to the Glynnwood. She has become befuddled. She called me at 6am concerned at the slew of SMSes she had received from near and far. Was Barry okay, she asked. For those who know and love my mother, her faculties have begun to wane. Your messages of support are wonderful, but she struggles with context and memory. Please contact me for updates.

Barry has lived another day. He has no infection, his organs are soldiering on. I will see him tomorrow. I will be at Grapes at some time. I am not sure when. Perhaps noon, perhaps just after. There will be group hugs and silly talk, and, most importantly, talk of Barry and the life he lived and is fighting to live.

And #BOOM, another grown man in tears. Barry, my friend, we all know what a fighter you are! Fight the good fight, so that we can sit around a table and laugh at life soon. In the meantime, i'll shed some more tears cause something like this i dont even wish upon my worse enemy

Keep slogging on Barry, we're with you in spirit. I've been through debridement to a lesser extent, twice, and its crap sore.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Today, Friday, marks five days since Barry Mccallum was admitted to hospital. It feels like forever. Myself, his boys, my mum and Keri-Ann Stanton have just visited him and there is some good news.

He is off the dialysis machine. His kidneys are now functioning on their own. If you know Barry, this may be the cleanest his kidneys have been since he was 16. His vitals are better, his nurse said she is happy with his oxygenation. The tubes that feed him and feed him oxygen will remain for some time as they are worried about swelling in his throat.

He was sleeping with we saw him. The nurse tried to wake him, but he was having none of it. I'm glad he was sleeping. He looked peaceful. It was a good day. Another small step forward.

Kevin McCallum

5 mins ·

Today, Friday, marks five days since Barry Mccallum was admitted to hospital. It feels like forever. Myself, his boys, my mum and Keri-Ann Stanton have just visited him and there is some good news.

He is off the dialysis machine. His kidneys are now functioning on their own. If you know Barry, this may be the cleanest his kidneys have been since he was 16. His vitals are better, his nurse said she is happy with his oxygenation. The tubes that feed him and feed him oxygen will remain for some time as they are worried about swelling in his throat.

He was sleeping with we saw him. The nurse tried to wake him, but he was having none of it. I'm glad he was sleeping. He looked peaceful. It was a good day. Another small step forward.

Thats great to hear Kranzie. Lets just hope the docs can keep infection at bay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shot to the crew providing updates!  :thumbup:

It is like a 'Bazza Munga' following the daily changes. Amped for the small victory that is the kidney functions! 

Kevin McCallum

5 mins ·

Today, Friday, marks five days since Barry Mccallum was admitted to hospital. It feels like forever. Myself, his boys, my mum and Keri-Ann Stanton have just visited him and there is some good news.

What a fighter.

Yesterday was a another good day

Kevin McCallum

5 mins ·

Middle aged man walking through Belfast with happy tears at this news. Terrified to open this thread every morning. - getting some strange looks. Great progress.